Aiswarya Lakshmi Stotram
Aiswarya Lakshmi Stotram
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
[This great prayer addressed to Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth and occurs in Vishnu Purana. This is said to be sung by Indra in praise of Goddess Lakshmi.]
Sri Parasara Uvacha:-
Sage Parasara said:-
1. Simhasana gatha Sakraa samprapya tridhivam puna,
Deva Rajya sthitho Devim thushtavabja karaam thatha.
Lord Indra went to his throne in the greatest heaven again,
And started pleasing the Goddess who is in land of devas.
2. Namami sarva lokaanaam jananim abdhi sambhavaam,
Sriyam unnidra Padmakshim Vishnu Vaksha sthale sthithaam.
I salute the mother of all worlds, who lives on the ocean,
Who is cause of wealth, who has eyes similar to the fully open lotus,
And who stays on the chest of Lord Vishnu.
3. Padmaalayam, padmakaram, padma pathra nibekshanam,
Vande Padma Mukhim devim Padma nabha priyaam.
Salutations to the lotus faced one, Who lives on the lotus. who has a lotus in her hands,
Who has eyes like the leaf of the lotus, who is the darling of he who has lotus on his belly.
4. Thwam sidhi thwam swadhaa swaha, vashat thwam, loka pavani,
Sandhya rathri prabha bhoothi, medha, sradha, Saraswathi.
You are the occult power, food of manes, consort of fire, the Vashat, the purifier of the world,
You are twilight, night, lustrous day, cleverness, attention and Goddess Saraswathi.
5. Yagna vudhyaa, Mahaa Vidhyaa, Guhya vidhyaa, cha Shobhane,
Athma vidhya cha Devi thwam Vimukthi phala dhayini.
You are the knowledge of Yagna, great knowledge, secret knowledge, Oh pretty Goddess,
Oh Goddess you are also the knowledge of the soul and you give the blessing of salvation.
6. Aanveshiki thrayee varthaa Danda neethi sthwameva cha,
Soumya asoumyair jagat roopa thwayaidath devi pooritham,
You do research on three Vedas and you are the law of punishment also,
You are the form gentle and not gentle world and due to you they are complete.
7. Kaa thwanyaa thwaam ruthe Devi sarva yagna mayaa vapu,
Adhysthe deva devasya yogi chithyam gadhaa bruthaa.
Except you who can dwell as the ultimate aim of of all Yagnas,
As you dwell in the yogic heart of the god of gods who holds a mace.
8. Thwyaa devi parithyaktha, sakalam bhuvana thrayam,
Vinashta praya bhavath thwayedhaneem samedhitham.
If the entire three worlds are abandoned by you,
They would loose their soul and under your control they prosper.
9. Daraa puthraasthadha aaagara suhrudhanya dhanadhikaa,
Bhavathyetham maha bhage nithyam thwadeekshanaa nrunaam.
Oh great and divine lady it is because of your glance daily that a person,
Gets wife, children homes friends, relatives grains and wealth.
10. Sareerarogyam aiswaryam ari paksha akshaya Sukham,
Devi thwad drushti drustaanaam purushaanaam cha durlabham.
Oh Goddess if your sight falls on a man it is not difficult for him,
To get freedom from sickness, wealth destruction of enemies and pleasure.
11. Thvam mathaa sarva lokaanaam, Deva devo Hari pithaa,
Thwayaithad Vishnuna cha Amba jagat vyaptham characharam.
For all the worlds you are the mother and God of Gods Vishnu the father,
The moving and non moving things of this universe is permeated by you mother and Lord Vishnu.
12. Maa na kosam thadhaa goshtam maa gruham ma parichadham,
Maa sareram, kalathram cha thyajedhaa,Sarva pavani.
Oh purifier of all, if you leave us all then none of our treasures, cows, homes,
Our possessions, our body and our wife, would be under protection.
13. Maa puthraan maa suhrud vargam maa pasoon maa Vibhusanam,
Thyajedhaa mama devasya Vishnor vaksha sthalalaye.
Oh Goddess who lives on the chest of our God Vishnu, if you leave us out,
The sons or friends or cows or ornaments can be owned by me.
14. Sathvena soucha sathyabhyam thadhaa seeladhibir gunai,
Thyajyanthe they naraa sadhya sandhyakthaa ye thwayaa amale.
Oh very pure one, once you forsake a man at any time, he is bereft,
Of goodness, truth, cleanliness and good conduct.
15. Thwayaa vilokithaa sadhya seeladhyai sakalair gunair,
Kulai iswaryai scha yujyanthe purushaa nirgunaa api.
If you glance at a person, though he does not possess good character,
All qualities like lineage, good habits and wealth would become his.
16. Sa slaghyaa, sa gunee dhanya sa kuleena sa Budhimaan,
Sa sooraa sa cha vikrantho yam thwaa devi nireekshase.
If Any one is looked at by the Goddess, he becomes praiseworthy, one with good character,
One who is wealthy, well born, wise, valorous and powerful.
17. Sadhyo vai gunyamaayanthi, seelaadhyaa, sakalaa gunaa,
Parangmukhi Jagadathri yasya thwaam Vishnu vallabhe.
Oh consort of Vishnu, Oh mother of universe, if you are not interested,
Immediately all good qualities and good character abandon him.
18. Na they varnayithum sakthaa gunaan jihvaapi Vedhasa,
Praseedha devi Padmakshi maa smaam sthyakshi kadhaachana.
Even Lord Brahma would not be able to describe your qualities by his toungue,
Oh lotus eyed one, show mercy on me, please never ever abandon me.
Sri Parasara Uvacha:-
Sage Parasara told:-
19. Evem sree samsthuthaa samyak praha devi sathakrathum,
Srunvathaam Sarva devaanaam praninaam cha hithe ratha.
When the Goddess was prayed like this by the hundred eyed one,
She told, "Please ask me, for the sake of good of Devas and all beings."
Indra Uvacha :-
Indra told :-
20. Varadaa Yadhi may Devi, vararho yadhi chapyaham,
Trilokyam na thwayaa thyjyameshaa may athu vara para.
By your grace, if I am fit to be granted a boon,
If you never get not interested in the three worlds, that would be a divine boon.
21. Stotrenayasthadaina thwaam sthoshyathya abdhi sambhava,
Sa thwayaa na parithyajyo dvitheeyoshtu varo mama.
Oh Goddess who lives on the sea, if you are happy with my prayer,
Please never forsake me, This is the second boon requested by me.
Goddess Lakshmi told:-
22. Trilokyam tri dasa sreshta na samthyakshyami Vasava,
Datho varo mayoyam they sthothra aaradhana thushtaya.
Oh Indra, the greatest among the greatest devas of the three worlds,
Being very pleased with your prayer and worship I am granting you this boon.
23. Yascha saayam thadhaa prathastorananena Manava,
Maam stoshyathi na sathyaaham bhavishyami parang mukhi.
Towards that man who chants this prayer in the morning and evening,
I would be very pleased and truly I would never get not interested in him.
24. Yevam varam dathou Devee Devarajaya vai puraa,
Maithreaya sreer mahabhaga, Stotraradhena thoshitha.
Oh Maithreya In early times the great goddess was pleased
By the king of Devas and his prayer and worship and gave him boons.