Shiva Sahasra Namam
Shiva Sahasra Namam
[Thousand Names of Lord Shiva from Mahabharata]
Translation & Transliteration by P. R. Ramachander
[There are two versions of Shiva Sahasra Nama - one in Linga Purana (being taught by Lord Krishna to sage Markandeya) and the other which occurs in Anushasanika Parva of Mahabaratha. In the Mahabaratha version (which is here) Yudishtra after hearing the Vishnu Sahasra Nama from Bheeshma requests him also to teach the thousand names of Lord Shiva. Bheeshma expresses his inability to do the same and requests Lord Krishna to teach it to Yudhishtra. Then Lord Krishna who has learnt it from Sage Upamanyu teaches it to Yudhishtra. A bhashya (explanation) for this was written by Sri Chathurthara Neela Kanda called "Bharatha bhava pradheepam". Based on this, Sri. N. Subramanya Iyer, lovingly called Anna (elder brother) by his admirers, wrote a detailed interpretation in Tamil which was published initially by the Sarada Peetham, Sringeri. Later they gave the publishing rights to Ramakrishna Math of Madras. My feeble attempt, to give an English meaning to this Shiva Sahasranama is based on this great book. I have not attempted to give meaning with interpretation as done in the above book. This book gives 1008 names of Lord Shiva. While 45 names are repeated twice, 11 are repeated thrice and three names are repeated four times. Readers may observe that different meanings are given to these repetitions.]
Shuklam Baradaram Vishnum, Sasi Varnam Chatur Bhujam,
Prasanna Vadanan Dyayet, Sarva Vignoba Santhaye 1
Dressed in white you are, Oh all pervading one,
And glowing with the colour of moon,
With four arms, you are, the all knowing one
I meditate on your ever-smiling face and pray, "Remove all obstacles on my way".
Namosthuthe vyasa vishala budhe,
Phullaravindaayatha pathra nethra,
Yena thwaya bhaaratha thaila poorna,
Prajwalitho gnanamaya pradheepa. 2
My salutations to sage Vyasa,
Who had all compassing intellect and who has broad eyes like the lotus leaf.
Was not this great lamp full of wisdom,
Filled up by the oil of Bharatha, lit by you?
Vande Shambum umapathim sura gurum vande jagatkaranam,
Vande pannaga bhooshanam mrugadharam, vande pasoonaam pathim,
Vande surya sasanka vahni nayanam, vande mukunda priyam,
Vande bhaktha janasrayam cha varadam, Vande shivam sankaram. 3
I salute the great God Shambhu, who is the consort of Uma,
Who is the teacher of devas, I salute the cause of this universe,
I salute who wears snake as ornament, who caries a deer in his hand,
I salute the Lord of all beings, I salute him who has sun, moon and fire as eyes,
I salute him who is dear to Mukunda, I salute him who is the refuge of his devotees,
Who is the one who gives them great status and I salute Shiva and Shankara.
Thwayaapagheya naamani sruthaniha jagatpathe,
Pithamahesaaya vibhor namanyaa chakshwa sambhave. 1
Bhabhrave viswaroopaya, mahabhagyam cha thathwatha,
Surasura gurou deve shankaravyaktha yonaye. 2
Oh my dearest grandpa,
Be pleased to tell me the various names,
Of him who is the lord of the universe,
Who is Shambhu with a gold coloured body,
Whose form is of the universe,
Who is the teacher of Asuras and devas,
Who is the god of all devas, who does all good,
And who is the cause of the eternal basis,
And also his fame, as you have heard from others.
Asakthoham gunaan vakthum maha devasya dheematha,
Yo hi sarva gatho na cha sarvathra drusyathe. 3
Incapable I am to tell about the properties,
Of the great God who is very great,
For he is seen everywhere but seen nowhere.
Brahma Vishnu suresaanaam srushtaa cha prabhureva cha,
Brahmaadaya pisachaantha yam hi deva upasathe. 4
He is the one who created Brahma, Vishnu and other devas,
He is their Lord and he is worshipped by,
Brahma, devas, ghosts and others.
Prakrutheenaam parathwena purushasya cha ya para,
Chinthyathe yo yogavidhbhi rishibhi Thathwa darshibhi,
Aksharam para Brahma asacha sadasacha ya. 5
He is greater than nature and the masculine concept,
He is being meditated upon by great sages who know the truth,
He is the causal universe, cause as well as the effect.
Prakruthim purusham chaiva kshobhayithwa tswathejasa,
Brahmana masrujath thasmad Dheva dheva prajapathi. 6
He who is the God of gods and God of all beings,
Through his power destabilizes Purusha and nature,
And creates Brahma out of it.
Ko hi shaktho gunaan vakthum deva devasya dheematha,
Garbha janma jara yuktho marthyo mruthyu samanvitha. 7
Which man who is subject of birth, growing up and death,
Would be capable of telling the properties,
Of him who is the God of gods and knower of all?
Ko hi saktho bhavam gnathum madhwidha parameshwaram,
Rithe narayanath puthra Shanka chakra Gada dharath. 8
Oh Son, Is it possible for an ordinary mortal to know.
That great god like him, rather it is possible,
For the Lord Narayana who carries mace, conch and wheel,
To know about Sankara who is the greatest God.
Esha vidhwan guna sreshto Vishnu parama durjaya,
Divya chakshur maha theja veekshyathe yoga chakshsha. 9
That Vishnu who knows ever thing,
Who has greatest qualities,
Who cannot be won over by anybody,
Who has special holy sight,
And who is greatly resplendent,
Sees him by his eyes of yoga.
Rudra bhakthya thu krishnena jagat vyaptham mahathmana,
Tham prasadhya thadha devam bhadaryam kila bharatha. 10
Arthath priya harathwam cha sarva lokeshu vai yadhaa,
Prapthavaaneva rajendra suvarnaakshan maheswaraath. 11
The great Lord Krishna, due to his devotion to Rudra,
Has spread all over the universe, Oh Bharatha, Oh King of Kings,
After making Lord Shiva pleased by his penance in Bhadrinath,
He has attained the state of being more dear,
Than all the worlds and all aspects of knowledge.
Poornam varsha sahasram thu thaptha vaanesha maadhava,
Prasadhya varadam devam chara chara gurum shivam. 12
This Lord Madhava has done penance for a full thousand years,
And has pleased him who is the teacher of all beings,
And the giver of all boons.
Yuge yuge thu krushnena thoshitho vai maheswara,
Bhakthya paramaya chaiva prathi sruthwa mahatmana. 13
Lord Parameshwara becomes pleased and happy
Eons after eons, by this Krishna who is devotee of Lord Shiva.
Iswarya yadrusam thasya jagadyoner mahatmana,
Thadayam drushtavaan sakshath puthrartho Harir achyutha. 14
This Krishna who is Hari, who did penance for getting a son,*
Has seen the greatness of Maheswara who is the origin of the world.
* Lord Krishna did penance to get a son out of Jhambhavati, the daughter of Jhambhavan.
Yasyath paratharam chaiva naanyam pasyami bharatha,
Vykyathum deva devasya shaktho naamanyaseshatha. 15
Hey Bharatha, I do not find any one else suitable,
To tell you about the various names of the god of gods.
Esha shaktho maha bahur vakthum bhagawatho gunaan,
Vibhuthim chaiva karthsynyena sathyaam Maheeswari nrupa. 16
Oh King, that great armed one,
Is the one capable of telling the properties of God,
And capable of fully telling you truthfully,
The powers of The great God.
Sura sura guro deva vishno thwam vakthumarhasi,
Shivaaya shiva roopaya yanma aprucha yudishtra. 17
Hey Teacher of Devas and asuras, Hey Vishnu,
It is but very proper, that you tell,
About the great god, which Yudishtra asked.
Naamnam sahasram devasya thandinaa Brhama vadinaa,
Niveditham brhma loke brahmano yath puraa Abhvath. 18
Dwaipayana prabhu thasyasthadha cheme thpodhana,
Rishaya suvrutha danthaa srunvanthu gadahsthava. 19
Those thousand names of God told by sage Dandi,
Who was the knower of Brahmam,
Which was told in the land of Brahmas with Lord Brahma as a witness,
May please be heard by these sages,
Like Dvaipayana who have done great penance,
And have won control over their sense organs.
Na gathi karmaanam saakya vethumeesasya thathwatha,
Hiranyagarbha pramukha deva sendraa maharshaya. 20
Neither gods like Brahma and Indra,
Nor the several great sages,
Are capable of understanding,
The philosophy behind the great lord.
Na vidhuryasya nidhana maadhim vaa sookshma darshana,
Sa kadham nama mathrena sakhyo gnathum sathaam gathi. 21
How can one understand Him, just by the mention of his name,
Who is capable of seeing minutest things,
Who does not have an end nor beginning and who is the refuge of saints.
Thasyaha masuragnasya kamschid bhagawatho gunaan,
Bhavathaam Keerthiyishyaami vrathesaya yathathadam. 22
I would tell you, few properties of that great God,
Who is the God of all penances and,
Who is the destroyer of asuras.
Evamukthwa thu bhagwan gunaamsthasya mahaathmana,
Upasprusya suchir bhoothwa, kadhyamaasa dheematha. 23
After telling like this Lord Krishna,
Sat down did the act f cleaning himself,
And started telling about that great Lord,
Who was the Lord of all good natured.
Thatha sa prayatho boothwa mama thaha Yudishtra,
Pranjali praha viprarishinaam samgrahamaditha. 24
Oh my cousin Yudishtra who is dear to me,
The sage Abhimanyu with folded hands,
After concentrating his mind in to one,
Told me about the several names of Shiva.
Brahma prokthou rishi prokthou veda vedanga sambhavai,
Sarva lokeshu vikhyatham sthuthyam sthoshyami namabhi. 25
Sage Upamanyu told:-
I pray him, using those names,
Which have been read by Brahma and other sages,
Which have arisen from Vedas and Vedangas,
And which are famous throughout the world.
Mahadhbhir vihithaisathyai Sidhai sarvartha sadhakhai,
Rishinaa thandinaa bhakthya kruthai veda kruthathmana. 26
These names have been praises by the great,
They are true and give occult powers,they help you to get any job done,
And have been told by Sage Dandi whose heart is immersed in Vedas.
Yadhokthai Sadhubhi khyathai munibhisthathwa darshibhi,
Pravaram pradhamam swarga sarva bhootha hitham shubham. 27
I pray,who does good to all beings,
Who is worshipped by good me,
Who is worshipped by sages and philosophers,
Who is the first among all,
And who can grant us heaven,
Using those famous, well known names.
Sruthai sarvathra jagathi Brhma loka avatharithai,
Sathyai sthath pramam, brhma brhma proktham sanathanam,
Vakshye yadu kula sreshta srunushvava hitho mama. 28
Oh Chief of the clan of Yadus,
Please here from me with concentration those names
Which came from the world of Brahma,
Which are found based in the Vedas,
Which are every where,
And which are truth
And I salute that great God who is Brahmam,
And is worshipped by Lord Brahma.
Varayainam bhavam devam bhakthasthvam parameshvaram,
Thena they sraviyishyami yahad brahma sanathanam. 29
Oh Krishna, who is his devotee, please worship that Parameshwara,
Who is the source of the world and Who is the god of gods,
And for that purpose, I am making you hear the following.
Na sakyam vistharath kruthsnam vakthum sarvasya kenachith,
Yukthenaapi vibhoothinaa Mapi varsha sathair api. 30
Even though one has all abilities and fame,
It is just impossible for them to narrate fully,
All the greatness of Shiva even in hundred years.
Yasyadhir Madhya mantham cha surair api na gamyahe,
Kasthasya shakthuyadwaktham gunaan karsnyena madhava. 31
Hey Madhava, who will have the ability,
To describe in full, the qualities of him,
Whose head or foot was not found by the devas?
Kinthu devasya mahatha samkshipthartha padaksharam,
Shakthi thascharitham vakshye prasadathasya dheematha. 32
In spite of that I would tell you in short, according to my limited capacity,
Using limited words and letters the story of him, who is the source of wisdom,
Because of his grace and blessing.
Aaprapya thu thatho anugnaam na sakya sthothumeeswara,
Yada thennabhyanugnath sthutho vai sa thada maya. 33
Since it is not feasible to pray him,
Without his permission and grace,
I was able to sing his prayers,
When I was blessed by him.
Anaadi nidanasyaaham jagadyoner mahatmana,
Naamnaam kanchith samudhesyam vakshamya vaktha yonina. 34
I will tell you a few names approximately,
Of that great one who is the origin of the world,
And who cannot find origin for himself.
Varadasya varenayasya viswaroopasya dheematha,
Srunu naamnam chayam Krishna yaduktham padma yonina. 35
Please hear the collection of names, as revealed by Lord Brahma,
Who is the greatest among those who give boons,
Who is the form of the universe and who is personification of wisdom.
Dasa nama sahasraani yaanyaaha prapithamaha,
Thaani nirmadhya manasa dhadhno druthamivodhbudham. 36
These thousand names are the result of churning,
Similar to getting butter from curd,
Out of the ten thousand names told by Brahma.
Gire saaram yadha hema pushpasaaram yadha madhu,
Gruthatsaaram yadha mandastha Dhaithath sara samudrutham. 37
This essence has been taken after serious thought,
Like the gold is taken out of mines,
Honey is taken out of flowers and ghee is taken out of butter.
Sarva paapahamidham chathur veda samanvitham,
Prayathnenadhi ganthavyam dharyanj cha prayathathmana. 38
This removes all committed sins, is one with the four great Vedas,
Could be understood by great effort and could be committed to memory through effort.
Sarva bhoothathma bhoothasya harasyamitha thejasa,
Ashtothara sahasram thu naamnam sarvasya may srunu,
Yacchuthwa manuja vyagra sarvaan kaamaanvapsyathi. 39
Hey tiger among men, be pleased to hear from me,
Those one thousand eight names of Him, who is the soul of all souls,
Who has greatly remarkable prowess and who is called "hara (stealer)" and Sarva (all)",
Because he attracts every thing to himself and attain fruition of all your desires.
Asya shiva sahasranama stotra maha mantrasya Upamanyu rishi, Anushtup Chanda,
Sri Sambha sadashivo devatha.
Sthira sthanur eethi Bheejam, Srimaan sri vardhano jagah ithi Sakthi, Devathipathi ithi
Keelakam, Sri Samba sada shiva Prasada sidhyarthe jape Viniyoga.
Nyasa (Preliminary chant)
The sage for this "thousand names of Shiva" is sage Upamanyu, meter is "anushtup", and the God is "Sambha sada shiva".
The root is "motionless Shiva", power is "Sri Vardhano Jagad", Keelaga is "Devathipathi and is being chanted to get the grace of Sri Sambha Sada Shiva.
Santham padmasanastham sasi dara makutam pancha vakthram trinethram,
Soolam vajram cha gadgam parasumabhayadham dakshabhage vahantham,
Nagam pasam gantam pralayahuthavaham sangusam vaama bhage,
Nanalankara yuktham sphatikamani niham parvatheesam namaami.
I salute the lord of Parvathy,
Who is ever peaceful,
Who sits in the lotus pose,
Who wears the crescent on his crown,
Who has five faces,
Who has three eyes,
Who carries on his right side,
Trident, vajra, sword, axe and sign of refuge,
Who carries on his left side,
Snake, rope, bell, eternal, fire and goad,
Who has been decorated in various ways,
And who is like bead of crystal.
Lam pruthvyathmane Gandham samarpayami
Ham Aakasthmane Puspai poojayami
Yam vaayvathmane dhoopamagrapayami
Ram agneyathmane deepam darsayami
Vam amruthathmane amrutham mahe naivedhyam nivedhyamai
Using "lam" which is the root of earth, I offer sandal to the earth
Using "ham" which is the root of sky, I offer flowers to the sky
Using "yam" which is the root of air, I offer myrrh to the air
Using "ram" which is the root of fire, I offer light to the fire
Using "vam" which is the root of nectar, I offer the great offering to the nectar
Using "sam" which is the root of all souls, I offer the complete worship to all the souls.
1. Om Sthirayai Nama - Salutations to Him who is perennial.
2. Om Sthanave Nama - Who is the axis of the world.
3. Om Prabhave Nama - Who is the lord of all the world.
4. Om Bheemayai Nama - Who is the source of fear.
5. Om Pravarayai Nama - Who is very special.
6. Om Varadayai Nama - Who gives boons.
7. Om Varaayai Nama - Who spreads everything and make them invisible.
8. Om Sarvaathmane Nama - Who is the soul of every being.
9. Om Sarva Vikhyathayai Nama - Who is famous everywhere.
10. Om Sarvasmai Nama - Who is spread in everything.
11. Om Sarvakarayai Nama - Who does everything.
12. Om Bhavayai Nama - Who is the source of everything.
13. Om Jatine Nama - Who has matted hair.
14. Om Charmine Nama - Who dresses himself in hides (tiger, elephant).
15. Om Shikhandine Nama - Who has hair flowing like the peacock's feather.
16. Om Sarvaangaaya Nama - Who has all the world as his organs.
17. Om Sarvabhavanaayai Nama - Who creates and looks after everything.
18. Om Haraya Nama - Who destroys everything at time of deluge.
19. Om Harinaakshaayai Nama - Who has deer like eyes.
20. Om Sarvabhoothaharayai Nama - Who destroys all beings which exist.
21. Om Prabhave Nama - Who enjoys everything.
22. Om Pravruthaye Nama - Who is the form of work.
23. Om Nivruthaye Nama - Who is the form of total sacrifice.
24. Om Niyathaya Nama - Who is a sage who has won over his senses.
25. Om Saswathaya Nama - Who is permanent.
26. Om Druvaya Nama - Who is stable.
27. Om Smasana Vasinee Nama - Who lives in the cremation ground.
28. Om Bhagawathe Nama - Who is the source of wealth, charity, fame, renunciation and salvation.
29. Om Khacharaya Nama - Who travels in the sky.
30. Om Ghocharaya Nama - Who can be felt only by senses.
31. Om Ardhanayai Nama - Who catches bad people.
32. Om Abhivadyaya Nama - Who is fit to be saluted.
33. Om Mahakarmane Nama - Who does great actions.
34. Om Thapasvine Nama - Who is a sage doing meditation.
35. Om Bhooha Bhavanayai Nama - Who creates five great bhoothas - sky, earth, fire, air and wind.
36. Om Unmatha Vesha Prachannayai Nama - Who hides himself as a mad being.
37. Om Sarva Loka Prajapathae Nama - Who is the lord of all beings of all worlds.
38. Om Maharoopayai Nama - Who has a very big form.
39. Om Mahakayayai Nama - Who has the whole universe as his body.
40. Om Vrusha Roopayai Nama - Who has also the form of a bull.
41. Om Mahayasase Nama - Who has great fame.
42. Om Mahatmane Nama - Who has a very great mind.
43. Om Sarva Bhoothathmane Nama - Who is the soul of all beings.
44. Om Viswa Roopayai Nama - Who is seen everywhere.
45. Om Mahahanave Nama - Who has very big jaw bones (he can swallow the whole world).
46. Om Loka Palaya Nama - Who is of the form of those who protect the earth like Indra.
47. Om Anthar Hithathmane Nama - One who has properties which within him and not visible.
48. Om Prasadaya Nama - Who has the form of love.
49. Om Hayagardhabhaye Nama - Who travels in the chariot drawn by zebras.
50. Om Pavithraya Nama - Who saves us from thunder of worldly life.
51. Om Mahathe Nama - Who is fit to be worshipped.
52. Om Niyamaya Nama - Who is of the form of rules of life.
53. Om Niyamasrithaya Nama - Who is the refuge to those who follow rules of life.
54. Om Sarva Karmane Nama - Who does all actions.
55. Om Swayambhoothaya Nama - Who was created by himself.
56. Om Aadhaye Nama - Who is most ancient-Who is first among beings.
57. Om Aadhikaraya Nama - Who created Lord Brahma.
58. Om Nidhaye Nama - Who is a treasure.
59. Om Sahasrakshata Nama - Who has thousand eyes.
60. Om Visalakshaya Nama - Who has very broad eyes.
61. Om Somaya Nama - Who is with Uma.
62. Om Nakshatra Sadhakayai Nama - Who created the stars.
63. Om Chandraya Nama - Who has the form of moon.
64. Om Sooryaya Nama - Who has the form of the Sun.
65. Om Sanaya Nama - Who has the form of Saturn.
66. Om Kethave Nama - Who has the form of Kethu.
67. Om Grahaya Nama - Who has the form of planets.
68. Om Graha Pathaye Nama - Who is the lord of all planets.
69. Om Varaaya Nama - Who is the best.
70. Om Athraye Nama - Who is form of Mercury bon in Athri clan.
71. Om Adryaa Namaskarthre Nama - Who saluted Anasooya, the wife of Sage Athri.
72. Om Mruga Banarpanayai Nama - Who sent arrow against the deer sent by sages of Daruka forest.
73. Om Anagaya Nama - Who cannot be neared by sins.
74. Om Mahathapse Nama - Who has great penance (Thapas).
75. Om Gorathapase Nama - Who does terrible penance during time of deluge.
76. Om Adheenaya Nama - Who is not poor though he looks like it.
77. Om Dheena Sadhakayai Nama - Who fulfills desires of poor people.
78. Om Samvathsarakaraya Nama - Who makes the wheel of time to rotate.
79. Om Manthraya Nama - Who is of the form of Sacred chants like "Om".
80. Om Pramanaya Nama - Who is the source of intuition.
81. Om Pramaya Thapase Nama - Who himself is the great penance.
82. Om Yogine Nama - Who in a great Yogi.
83. Om Yojyaya Nama - Who can be reached by Yoga.
84. Om Maha Bheejaya Nama - Who is the prime root of everything.
85. Om Maha Rethase Nama - Who makes soul, which is his shadow, enter the beings.
86. Om Mahabalaya Nama - Who has great strength.
87. Om Swarna Rethase Nama - Who has gold like seeds.
88. Om Sarvagnaya Nama - Who knows everything.
89. Om Subheejaya Nama - Who is a good seed.
90. Om Bheeja Vahanayai Nama - Who rides on the seed.
91. Om Dasa Bahave Nama - Who has ten hands.
92. Om Animishaya Nama - Who does not blink his eyes.
93. Om Neelakandaya Nama - Who has a blue neck.
94. Om Umapathaye Nama - Who is the consort of Uma.
95. Om Viswa Roopaya Nama - Who is all the known forms.
96. Om Swayam Sreshtaya Nama - Who is himself great.
97. Om Bala Veeraya Nama - Who destroys his enemies by his prowess.
98. Om Abhaloganaya Nama - Who organizes and activates the Pancha bhoothas.
99. Om Gana Karthre Nama - Who creates the ganas.
100. Om Ganapathaye Nama - Who is the leader of the ganas.
101. Om Digvasase Nama - Who wears the directions as cloth.
102. Om Kaamaya Nama - Who is liked by all.
103. Om Manthravidhe Nama - Who is an expert in mantras.
104. Om Paramaya Manthraya Nama - Who is personification of philosophical truth. .
105. Om Sarva Bhavakaraaya Nama - Who is the producer of all emotions. .
106. Om Haraaya Nama - Who is the stealer of our hearts. .
107. Om Kamandaludaraaya Nama - Who has with him the pitcher (carried by sages).
108. Om Dhanvine Nama - Who carries a bow.
109. Om Banahasthaya Nama - Who carries an arrow in his hand.
110. Om Kapalavathe Nama - Who carries the skull of Brahma with him.
111. Om Asanaye Nama - Who carries the Vajrayudha.
112. Om Sadagnine Nama - Who carries the Shakthi weapon.
113. Om Gadgine Nama - Who carries the sword with him.
114. Om Pattissine Nama - Who carries the knife called Patteesi.
115. Om Ayudhine Nama - Who carries all types of weapons.
116. Om Mahathe Nama - Who is great.
117. Om Sthruvahasthaya Nama - Who carries the ladle used in fire sacrifice called Sthruva.
118. Om Surupaya Nama - Who is handsome.
119. Om Thejase Nama - Who shines like light.
120. Om Theskaraaya Nidhaye Nama - Who is like the treasure giving light to devotees.
121. Om Ushneeshine Nama - Who wears a turban.
122. Om Suvakthraya Nama - Who has a good face.
123. Om Udagraya Nama - Who has a stable form.
124. Om Vinathaya Nama - Who is humble.
125. Om Deerghaya Nama - Who is very tall.
126. Om Harikesaya Nama - Who has black hair turned to gray.
127. Om Sutheerthaya Nama - Who is of the form of a great teacher.
128. Om Krishnaaya Nama - Who is ever happy.
129. Om Srugala Roopaya Nama - Who has assumed the form of a jackal.
130. Om Siddharthaya Nama - Who his at the acme of occult powers.
131. Om Mundaya Nama - Who is of the form of an ascetic.
132. Om Sarvashubamkaraya Nama - Who grants all good things.
133. Om Ajaya Nama - Who does not have birth.
134. Om Bahuroopaya Nama - Who assumes many forms.
135. Om Ganda Darine Nama - Who wears sandal paste.
136. Om Kapardhine Nama - Who has matted hair.
137. Om Oordhwarethase Nama - Who has won over passion.
138. Om Oordhwa Lingaya Nama - Who has Linga which looks up.
139. Om Oordhwasayine Nama - Who sleeps facing upwards.
140. Om Nabha Sthalaya Nama - Who has a place in the sky.
141. Om Trijadine Nama - Who has a three fold pigtail.
142. Om Cheeravasase Nama - Who wears the hide of trees.
143. Om Rudraya Nama - Who removes sorrows.
144. Om Senapathaye Nama - Who is the commander of the army.
145. Om Vibhave Nama - Who assumes variety of forms.
146. Om Ahacharaya Nama - Who is of the form of devas traveling by day time.
147. Om Nakthancharaya Nama - Who is of the form of devas who move at night.
148. Om Thigma Manyava Nama - Who has very great anger.
149. Om Suvarchasaya Nama - Who has the resplendent light of knowledge.
150. Om Gajagne Nama - Who killed the Asura who took the form of an elephant.
151. Om Daithyagne Nama - Who killed Rakshasas.
152. Om Kaalaya Nama - Who is of the form of time.
153. Om Loka Dathre Nama - Who rules over this world.
154. Om Gunaakaraya Nama - Who is the store house of good qualities.
155. Om Simha Sardhoola Roopaya Nama - Who is of the form of tiger and lion.
156. Om Ardhra Charmambaraavruthaya Nama - Who uses the blood soaked elephant hide to cover himself.
157. Om Kaala Yoginee Nama - Who through Yogic practices have won over time.
158. Om Maha Naadaya Nama - Who is personification of the great sound.
159. Om Sarva Kaamaya Nama - Who is the personification of all desires.
160. Om Chathush Padaya Nama - Who can be worshipped in four ways [Viz, Charya (chant), Kriya (act), Yoga and Gnana] or who can be worshiped as Viswa, Thaijasa, Pragna and Shiva. .
161. Om Nisa Charaya Nama - Who moves even at night.
162. Om Prethacharine Nama - Who travels with dead bodies.
163. Om Bhootha Charine Nama - Who travels with Bhoothas (Five elements/evil spirits).
164. Om Maheswaraya Nama - Who is the greatest God.
165. Om Bahoo Bhoothaya Nama - Who also has the form of strength.
166. Om Bahoodaraya Nama - Who carries this great Universe.
167. Om Swarbhanave Nama - Who shines like a Sun by his own light or Who is of the form of planet Rahu.
168. Om Amithaya Nama - Who is beyond measurement.
169. Om Gathaye Nama - Who is the destination to reach.
170. Om Nruthya Priyaya Nama - Who likes dancing.
171. Om Nithya Narthaya Nama - Who dances always.
172. Om Narthakaaya Nama - Who is the dancer or who makes everything dance.
173. Om Sarva Laalasaya Nama - Who likes every one.
174. Om Ghoraaya Nama - Who has a terrible form.
175. Om Maha Thapase Nama - Who is the great penance.
176. Om Pasaaya Nama - Who ties every one with the rope of illusion.
177. Om Nithyaya Nama - Who is perennial.
178. Om Giri Ruhaya Nama - Who lives on the Mountain.
179. Om Nabhase Nama - Who is unattached like the sky.
180. Om Sahasra Hasthaya Nama - Who has thousands of hands.
181. Om Vijayaya Nama - Who is of the form of victory.
182. Om Vyavasayaya Nama - Who is industrious or Who is of the form of definite action.
183. Om Athandrithaya Nama - Who is not lazy.
184. Om Adarshanaya Nama - Who is unshakable.
185. Om Darshanathmane Nama - Who is the soul of fear for others.
186. Om Yagnagne Nama - Who destroys fire sacrifice done with egoism.
187. Om Kama Nasakaya Nama - Who killed the God of love.
188. Om Daksha Yagaapahaarine Nama - Who destroyed the fire sacrifice of Daksha.
189. Om Susahaya Nama - Who is greatly patient.
190. Om Madhyamaya Nama - Who is unbiased.
191. Om Thejopahaarine Nama - Who steals the strength of others.
192. Om Balagne Nama - Who kills those bloated by strength.
193. Om Mudhithaya Nama - Who is always happy.
194. Om Arthaya Nama - Who is liked by everyone.
195. Om Ajithaya Nama - Who cannot be defeated by any one.
196. Om Avaraya Nama - Who does not have any one above him.
197. Om Gambheera Ghoshaya Nama - Who produces great sound.
198. Om Gambheeraya Nama - Who is beyond the intellect.
199. Om Gambheera Bala Vahanaay Nama - Who rides on a bull which cannot be shaken by others.
200. Om Nyagrodha Roopaya Nama - Who is of the form of the tree of day to day life which grows downwards.
201. Om Nyagrodhaya Nama - Who assumes the form of Dakshinamurthy, under a banyan tree.
202. Om Vruksha Karma Sthithaye Nama - Who is on the top of the ear like leaf of the tree during deluge.
203. Om Vibhave Nama - Who is the favourite God for all.
204. Om Sutheeshna Dasanaya Nama - Who has very sharp teeth.
205. Om Maha Kayaya Nama - Who has a very big body.
206. Om Mahananaya Nama - Who has a very big face.
207. Om Vishvak Senaya Nama - Who scatters the Asura army in to different directions.
208. Om Haraye Nama - Who destroys everything.
209. Om Yagnaya Nama - Who is the personification of fire sacrifice.
210. Om Samyuga Peeda Vahanaya Nama - Who has the bull as the flag as well as stride.
211. Om Theeshna Thaapaya Nama - Who is of the form of burning fire.
212. Om Haryaswaya Nama - Who is the form of Sun who has green horses.
213. Om Sahaayaya Nama - Who is the help for the life.
214. Om Karma Kala Vidhe Nama - Who knows the proper time to perform duties.
215. Om Vishnu Prasadithaya Nama - Who has been pleased by the devotion of Vishnu.
216. Om Yagnaya Nama - Who is of the form of Vishnu.
217. Om Samudhraya Nama - Who is of the form of ocean.
218. Om Badavamukhaya Nama - Who is the form of fire which dries water.
219. Om Huthasana Sahayaya Nama - Who is the form of wind.
220. Om Prasanthathmane Nama - Who is as peaceful as an ocean after tide.
221. Om Huthasanaya Nama - Who is of the form of fire.
222. Om Ugra Thejase Nama - Who is having terrific power of a flame.
223. Om Maha Thejase Nama - Who is having great light and shining.
224. Om Janyaya Nama - Who is very able in war.
225. Om Vijaya Kala Vidhe Nama - Who knows the time for victory.
226. Om Jyothishamayanaya Nama - Who is of the form of astrology.
227. Om Siddhaye Nama - Who is of the form of proper completion.
228. Om Sarva Vigrahaya Nama - Who makes every thing as his body.
229. Om Shikhine Nama - Who has a well grown hair.
230. Om Mundine Nama - Who is the form of clean shaven sage.
231. Om Jadine Nama - Who has a matted lock.
232. Om Jwaline Nama - Who is of the form of a flame.
233. Om Moorthijaya Nama - Who appears in the form of man and animals.
234. Om Moordhajaya Nama - Who is on the head.
235. Om Baline Nama - Who is strong.
236. Om Vainavine Nama - Who has a flute in his hand.
237. Om Panavine Nama - Who has a shaking drum in his hand.
238. Om Thaline Nama - Who has metallic cymbals in his hand.
239. Om Khaline Nama - Who is the owner of a paddy store.
240. Om Kalakatamkataya Nama - Who is the gate for the gate of god of death who is of the form of time..
241. Om Nakshatr Vigraha Mathaye Nama - Who has a body and intellect which shines like stars.
242. Om Guna Budhaye Nama - Who knows/measures qualities.
243. Om Layaya Nama - Who is the source where everything merges in the end..
244. Om Agamaya Nama - Who does not have any movement.
245. Om Prajapathaye Nama - Who is the God of the people.
246. Om Viswabahave Nama - Who has arms everywhere.
247. Om Vibhagaya Nama - Who cannot be divided.
248. Om Sarvagaya Nama - Who is every where.
249. Om Amugaya Nama - Who is faceless/Who is not interested in enjoyments.
250. Om Vimochanaya Nama - Who grants salvation.
251. Om Susaranaya Nama - Who can be attained easily.
252. Om Hiranyakavachodbhavaya Nama - Who appears with a golden apparel (here this apparel is.
253. Om Medrajaya Nama - Who arises from the Linga.
254. Om Balacharine Nama - Who moves about with a strong army.
255. Om Mahee Charine Nama - Who travels throughout earth.
256. Om Sruthaya Nama - Who is spread everywhere.
257. Om Sarva Thooryavinodhine Nama - Who enjoys all types of instrumental music.
258. Om Sarvathodhya Parigrahaya Nama - Who considers all beings as his family.
259. Om Vyalaroopaya Nama - Who is of the form of serpent in Adhisesha.
260. Om Guhaavasinee Nama - Who lives in the cave of one’s mind..
261. Om Guhaaya Nama - Who is of the form of Lord Subrahmanya.
262. Om Maline Nama - Who wears a garland.
263. Om Tharangavidhe Nama - Who has the waves of creation, upkeep and destruction..
264. Om Tridasaya Nama - Who is the source of birth, life and death of all beings..
265. Om Trikaladruthe Nama - Who wears the three periods-past, present and future..
266. Om Karma Sarva Bhanda Vimochanaya Nama - Who cuts of the ties of Karma.
267. Om Asurendranaam Bandanaya Nama - Who is the reason for imprisonment of Kings of asuras.
268. Om Yudhi Shathru Vinasanaya Nama - Who kills enemies in war..
269. Om Sankhya Prasadaaya Nama - Who gets pleased by the discussion of Sankhya philosophy.
270. Om Durvasase Nama - Who took the form of sage Durvasa.
271. Om Sarva Sadhu Nishevithaya Nama - Who is served by all good people.
272. Om Prasakandanaya Nama - Who makes all others slip-at time of deluge all others die.
273. Om Vibhagagnaya Nama - Who is an expert in giving boons/punishments according to their deeds.
274. Om Athulyaya Nama - Who is incomparable.
275. Om Yagna Vibhaga Vidhe Nama - Who is an expert in giving the share of each in the fire sacrifice.
276. Om Sarva Vasaya Nama - Who is everywhere.
277. Om Sarvacharine Nama - Who travels everywhere.
278. Om Durvasase Nama - Who cannot be clothed because he is everywhere.
279. Om Vasavaaya Nama - Who is in the form of Indra.
280. Om Amaraya Nama - Who does not have death.
281. Om Haimaya Nama - Who is of the colour of Gold.
282. Om Hemakaraaya Nama - Who makes gold.
283. Om Nishkarmaaya Nama - Who does not do any work.
284. Om Sarva Dharine Nama - Who wears /carries every thing.
285. Om Darothamaya Nama - Who is the greatest among those who carry.
286. Om Lohithakshaya Nama - Who has red eyes.
287. Om Mahakshaya Nama - Who has senses which are spread everywhere.
288. Om Vijayaakshaya Nama - Who has a chariot which wins everybody.
289. Om Visaaradhaya Nama - Who knows everything.
290. Om Sangrahaya Nama - Who recognizes devotees.
291. Om Nigrahaya Nama - Who punishes bad people.
292. Om Karthre Nama - Who creates and looks after everybody.
293. Om Sarpacheera Nivasanaya Nama - Who ties a serpent over his apparel.
294. Om Mukhyaya Nama - Who is the chief.
295. Om Amukhyaya Nama - Who does not have a chief.
296. Om Dehaya Nama - Who is of the form of the body.
297. Om Kahalaye Nama - Who has a drum called "Kahala".
298. Om Sarva Kamadhaya Nama - Who fulfills all desires of his devotees.
299. Om Sarvakala Prasadaya Nama - Who showers his grace at all times.
300. Om Subalaya Nama - Who has the strength that serves others.
301. Om Bala Roopa Druthe Nama - Who is strong as well as handsome.
302. Om Sarva Kama Varaya Nama - Who is the best among all gods whom we desire.
303. Om Sarvadaya Nama - Who gives everything.
304. Om Sarvathomukhaya Nama - Who has faces everywhere.
305. Om Aakasanirviroopaya Nama - Who makes several forms from the sky like himself.
306. Om Nibhadine Nama - Who appears to have entered our body and fallen there.
307. Om Avasaya Nama - Who cannot be under the control of anybody.
308. Om Khagaya Nama - Who is like the bird which is always with the tree of life.
309. Om Roudra Roopaya Nama - Who has a very angry appearance.
310. Om Amsave Nama - Who is of the form of the ray of light.
311. Om Adithya Nama - Who is of the form of the Sun.
312. Om Bahurasmaye Nama - Who has several rays of light.
313. Om Suvarchisine Nama - Who has pretty rays.
314. Om Vasu Vegaya Nama - Who has the speed of wind.
315. Om Maha Vegaya Nama - Who has very great speed.
316. Om Manovegaya Nama - Who has the speed of the mind.
317. Om Nisacharaya Nama - Who travels at night.
318. Om Sarva Vasine Nama - Who resides in everything.
319. Om Sriyavasine Nama - Who lives in Srividya.
320. Om Upadesakaraya Nama - Who gives counsels/Who teaches.
321. Om Akaraya Nama - Who does not do anything.
322. Om Munaye Nama - Who is the sage.
323. Om Athma Niralokaya Nama - Who sees carefully each Jeevathma.
324. Om Sambhagnaya Nama - Who is being depended on by everybody.
325. Om Sahasradaya Nama - Who gives in thousands and thousands.
326. Om Pakshine Nama - Who is Garuda, the best among the birds.
327. Om Paksha Roopaya Nama - Who helps in the form of our friends.
328. Om Athideepthaya Nama - Who is having great brilliance.
329. Om Visampthaye Nama - Who is the lord of the citizens.
330. Om Unmadaya Nama - Who makes us develop mad devotion.
331. Om Madanaya Nama - Who gives us immense happiness.
332. Om Kamaya Nama - Who Is liked by everybody.
333. Om Aswathaya Nama - Who is in the form of a banyan tree.
334. Om Arthakaraya Nama - Who gives what is desired.
335. Om Yasase Nama - Who blesses his devotees with fame.
336. Om Vamadevaya Nama - Who gives the prize deserved according to ones actions.
337. Om Vamaaya Nama - Who is very handsome.
338. Om Prache Nama - Who is before everybody.
339. Om Dakshinaya Nama - Who is capable of ruling all the three worlds.
340. Om Vamanaya Nama - Who came in form of Vamana, an avathara of Vishnu.
341. Om Siddha Yogine Nama - Who is a great Yogi who is also a Sidha.
342. Om Maharshaye Nama - Who is the greatest among sages.
343. Om Sidharthaya Nama - Who is the perfect one who has everything.
344. Om Sidha Sadhakaya Nama - Who grants the desires of Sidhas.
345. Om Bikshave Nama - Who is of the form of one who eats what he gets as alms.
346. Om Bikshu Roopaya Nama - Who looks like a beggar.
347. Om Vipanaya Nama - Who does not specify a price.
348. Om Mrudhave Nama - Who has a very soft heart.
349. Om Avyayaya Nama - Who is consistent.
350. Om Maha Senaya Nama - Who has a great army.
351. Om Vishakhaya Nama - Who is of the form of Lord Subrahamanya.
352. Om Sashtibagaya Nama - Who has sixty parts (Refer Mandukya Upanishad).
353. Om Gavampathaye Nama - Who makes the sensory organs function.
354. Om Vajrahasthaya Nama - Who holds the Vajrayudha in his hand.
355. Om Vishkambhine Nama - Who is spread everywhere.
356. Om Chamusthambhanaya Nama - Who paralyses the enemy army.
357. Om Vruthavruthakaraya Nama - Who circles the enemy in his chariot and who returns back after defeating them without wounds.
358. Om Thalaya Nama - Who knows the bottom of the ocean of day today life.
359. Om Madhave Nama - Who is of the form of spring season.
360. Om Madhukalochanaya Nama - Who has honey like eyes with red colour.
361. Om Vachaspathyaya Nama - Who is of the form of Brahaspathi, the teacher of devas.
362. Om Vajasanaya Nama - Who made the Vajasena branch of Vedas in the form of Sun.
363. Om Nithyamasritha Poojithaya Nama - Who is daily being worshipped by his devotees.
364. Om Brahmacharine Nama - Who is one with Brahman.
365. Om Loka Charine Nama - Who travels between the worlds.
366. Om Sarva Charine Nama - Who travels everywhere.
367. Om Vichara Vidhe Nama - Who knows enquiry of truth.
368. Om Ishanaya Nama - Who conducts everything with attention.
369. Om Ishwaraya Nama - Who spreads everything.
370. Om Kaalaya Nama - Who judges the sins and good actions over time.
371. Om Nisha Charine Nama - Who travels on the night of deluge.
372. Om Pinaka Bruthe Nama - Who holds the bow called Pinaka.
373. Om Nimithasthata Nama - Who resides in causes.
374. Om Nimithaya Nama - Who is the cause.
375. Om Nandaye Nama - Who is the treasure house of knowledge.
376. Om Nandikaraya Nama - Who gives wealth.
377. Om Haraye Nama - Who is Anjaneya in the form of monkeys.
378. Om Nandeeswaraya Nama - Who is the Lord of the Nandi.
379. Om Nandine Nama - Who has also been called the Nandi.
380. Om Nandanaya Nama - Who makes us happy.
381. Om Nandi Vardhanaya Nama - Who increases happiness of devotees / Who destroys the wealth of his enemies.
382. Om Bhaga Haarine Nama - Who steals the wealth and fame.
383. Om Nihanthre Nama - Who takes away life in the form of Lord Yama.
384. Om Kaalaya Nama - Who is the seat of arts.
385. Om Brahmane Nama - Who is very great.
386. Om Pithamahaya Nama - Who is the father of father (Who created Lord Vishnu).
387. Om Chathurmukhaya Nama - Who has four faces when he takes the form of Brahma.
388. Om Mahalingaya Nama - Who is the great Linga.
389. Om Charu Lingaya Nama - Who is pretty.
390. Om Lingadhyakshaya Nama - Who presides over in the form of Linga.
391. Om Suradhyakshaya Nama - Who is the Lord of all devas.
392. Om Yogadhyakshaya Nama - Who is the lord of all Yogas.
393. Om Yuga Vahaya Nama - Who creates Yugas (long periods of time).
394. Om Bheejadyakshaya Nama - Who is the Lord of the root cause (nature).
395. Om Bheejakarthre Nama - Who makes nature function.
396. Om Adhyathmanugathaya Nama - Who follows the tenets of the Adhyatma shastras.
397. Om Balaya Nama - Who has strength.
398. Om Ithihasya Nama - Who is the form of epics.
399. Om Sakalpaya Nama - Who is in the form of Kalpa shastras.
400. Om Gowthama Nama - Who is in the form of sage Gowthama.
401. Om Nishakaraya Nama - Who created darkness.
402. Om Dhambaya Nama - Who controls his enemies.
403. Om Adhambhaya Nama - Who cannot be controlled by others.
404. Om Vaidhambhaya Nama - Who is dear to those who are not proud.
405. Om Vasyaya Nama - Who can be controlled by devotion.
406. Om Vasakaraya Nama - Who makes all others his.
407. Om Kalaye Nama - Who is of the form of war between asuras and devas.
408. Om Loka Karthre Nama - Who has created the worlds.
409. Om Pasupathaye Nama - Who is the Lord of all beings (animals).
410. Om Maha Karthre Nama - Who created the five bhoothas.
411. Om Anoushadhaya Nama - Who does not eat food (he is satisfied by seeing it).
412. Om Aksharaya Nama - Who does not have decay.
413. Om Paramaya Brahmane Nama - Who is the incomparable Brahman.
414. Om Bhalavathe Nama - Who is of the form of devas who control strength.
415. Om Chakraya Nama - Who created strength.
416. Om Neethyai Nama - Who is the law.
417. Om Aneethyai Nama - Who cannot be ruled by others.
418. Om Shuddhathmane Nama - Who is having a very clean mind.
419. Om Shudhaya Nama - Who is clean.
420. Om Maanyaya Nama - Who is fit to be worshipped.
421. Om Gathagathaya Nama - Who appears and vanishes.
422. Om Bahu Prasadaya Nama - Who is greatly pleased.
423. Om Suswapnaya Nama - Who is Thaijasa who controls dreams.
424. Om Darpanaya Nama - Who is like a mirror.
425. Om Amithrajithe Nama - Who has won over internal and external enemies.
426. Om Vedakaraya Nama - Who created Vedas.
427. Om Mathrakaraya Nama - Who created mantras.
428. Om Vidhushe Nama - Who is an expert in all arts.
429. Om Samarthanaya Nama - Who destroys enemies in war.
430. Om Maha Megha Nivasine Nama - Who resides in the clouds at the time of deluge.
431. Om Mahagoraya Nama - Who is of a very fearful form.
432. Om Vasine Nama - Who keeps everything under his custody.
433. Om Karaya Nama - Who destroys.
434. Om Agnijwalaya Nama - Who is like the flame of the fire.
435. Om Mahajwalaya Nama - Who has the light of a great flame.
436. Om Athidhoomraya Nama - Who creates lot of smoke as he burns everything.
437. Om Huthaya Nama - Who is satisfied by everybody in the fire sacrifice.
438. Om Havishe Nama - Who is the offering in the fire sacrifice.
439. Om Vrushanaya Nama - Who showers boons/punishment for our actions.
440. Om Sankaraya Nama - Who gives us pleasure.
441. Om Nithyamvarchaswine Nama - Who is always resplendent.
442. Om Dhoomakethanaya Nama - Who is the fire which produces smoke.
443. Om Neelaya Nama - Who is blue.
444. Om Angalubhdhaya Nama - Who is present in a part of his body.
445. Om Shobhanaya Nama - Who is of the form which is always good.
446. Om Niravagrahaya Nama - Who does not have anything to stop him.
447. Om Swasthithaya Nama - Who is in Himself.
448. Om Swasthibhavaya Nama - Who has a great place of stay.
449. Om Bhagine Nama - Who has share in the fire sacrifice.
450. Om Bhagakaraya Nama - Who gives the shares to other devas in the fire sacrifice.
451. Om Laghave Nama - Who easily showers his grace.
452. Om Uthsangaya Nama - Who is not attached.
453. Om Mahaangaya Nama - Who is in the form of big Linga (body).
454. Om Mahagarbhaparaayanaya Nama - Who carries in his belly the entire world during deluge.
455. Om Krishnavarnaya Nama - Who is black in colour.
456. Om Suvarnaya Nama - Who is of the golden colour.
457. Om Sarva Dehinaam Indriyaya Nama - Who is the sensory organs of all animals.
458. Om Maha Padaya Nama - Who has a very big feet.
459. Om Maha Hasthata Nama - Who has very big hands.
460. Om Maha Kayaya Nama - Who has a very big body.
461. Om Maha Yasase Nama - Who has a very great fame.
462. Om Maha Moordhne Nama - Who has a very big head.
463. Om Maha Maathraya Nama - Who has a very big measure.
464. Om Maha Nethraya Nama - Who as very big eyes.
465. Om Nisalayaya Nama - Who is the place where darkness (ignorance) hides.
466. Om Mahanthakaya Nama - Who is the God of death to the god of death.
467. Om Maha Karnaya Nama - Who has very big ears.
468. Om Mahoshtaaya Nama - Who has very big lips.
469. Om Maha Hanave Nama - Who has very big jaws.
470. Om Maha Nasaya Nama - Who has very big nose.
471. Om Maha Khambhave Nama - Who has very big neck.
472. Om Maha Greevaya Nama - Who has very big head.
473. Om Smasanabhaaje Nama - Who lives in the cremation ground.
474. Om Maha Vaksase Nama - Who has a very big chest.
475. Om Mahoraskaya Nama - Who has a very wide chest.
476. Om Antharathmane Nama - Who is the soul within.
477. Om Mrugalayaya Nama - Who keeps deer with him.
478. Om Lambanaya Nama - Who keeps several universes hanging on him like a fruit hangs on a tree.
479. Om Labhidoshtaya Nama - Who has hanging lips during deluge.
480. Om Mahamayaya Nama - Who has very great illusions.
481. Om Payonidhaye Nama - Who is the ocean of milk.
482. Om Maha Danthaya Nama - Who has very big teeth.
483. Om Maha Damshtraya Nama - Who has very big incisor teeth.
484. Om Mahe Jihwaya Nama - Who has a very big tongue.
485. Om Maha Mukhata Nama - Who has a very big mouth.
486. Om Maha Nakhaya Nama - Who has a very big nails.
487. Om Maha Romaya Nama - Who has very big hair.
488. Om Maha Kesaya Nama - Who has long hairs in his tuft.
489. Om Maha Jadaya Nama - Who has bid matted locks.
490. Om Prasannaya Nama - Who has pity towards his devotees.
491. Om Prasadaya Nama - Who is personification of love and grace.
492. Om Prathyaya Nama - Who is wisdom itself.
493. Om Giri Sadhanaya Nama - Who uses the Meru Mountain as bow.
494. Om Snehanaya Nama - Who is like friend to his devotees.
495. Om Asnehanaya Nama - Who is detached.
496. Om Ajithaya Nama - Who cannot be defeated.
497. Om Mahamunaye Nama - Who is a very great sage who is silent and devout.
498. Om Vrukshakaraya Nama - Who is of the form of the tree of life.
499. Om Vruksha Kethave Nama - Who has a flag of a tree.
500. Om Analaya Nama - Who never gets satisfied.
501. Om Vayu Vahanaya Nama - Who makes the wind blow.
502. Om Gandaline Nama - Who lives on the hilly terrain.
503. Om Meru Damne Nama - Who lives on Mount Meru.
504. Om Devadithipathaye Nama - Who is the Lord of Devas.
505. Om Atharva Seershaya Nama - Who has Atharva Veda as head.
506. Om Samaasyaya Nama - Who has Sama veda as face.
507. Om Riksaharamithekshanaya Nama - Who has thousands of Rik Veda mantras as eyes.
508. Om Yaju Pada Bhujaya Nama - Who has Yajurveda as hands and legs.
509. Om Guhyaya Nama - Who is the Upanishads with secret meanings.
510. Om Prakasaya Nama - Who is the Karma Kanda which shines.
511. Om Jangamaya Nama - Who travels everywhere.
512. Om Amogharthaya Nama - Who is the God to whom prayers are never unanswered.
513. Om Prasadaya Nama - Who is very kind hearted.
514. Om Abhigamyaya Nama - Who can be attained easily.
515. Om Sudarsanaya Nama - Who has a very beneficial look.
516. Om Upakaraya Nama - Who does help.
517. Om Priyaya Nama - Who is dear to everybody.
518. Om Sarvaya Nama - Who comes facing us.
519. Om Kanakaya Nama - Who is gold.
520. Om Kanchancchavaye Nama - Who is of golden colour.
521. Om Nabhaye Nama - Who is the support to the world.
522. Om Nandikaraya Nama - Who grants happiness.
523. Om Bhavaya Nama - Who is of the form of attention.
524. Om Pushkara Sthapathaye Nama - Who created the lotus like universe.
525. Om Sthiraya Nama - Who is as stable as a Mountain.
526. Om Dwadasaya Nama - Who is the twelfth stage called salvation.
527. Om Thrasanaya Nama - Who makes us afraid.
528. Om Adhyaya Nama - Who came even before the world.
529. Om Yagnaya Nama - Who is the sacrifice which unites soul and God.
530. Om Yagna Samahithaya Nama - Who can be attained by conducting sacrifices.
531. Om Naktham Nama - Who is night.
532. Om Kalaye Nama - Who is the Kama and Krodha which lead to great passion.
533. Om Kaalaya Nama - Who creates the life of birth and death over time.
534. Om Makaraya Nama - Who resides in the Shimsumara chakra which is of crocodile shape.
535. Om Kala Poojithaya Nama - Who is being worshipped by Kala-the god of death.
536. Om Saganaya Nama - Who is with various Ganas.
537. Om Ganakaraya Nama - Who made Asuras as his servants.
538. Om Bhootha Vahana Sarathaye Nama - Whose Charioteer is Brahma who leas the ganas.
539. Om Basmachayaya Nama - Who exists in Vibhoothi-the sacred ash.
540. Om Basma Gopthre Nama - Who protects the world using sacred ash.
541. Om Basmabhoothaya Nama - Who himself is the form of sacred ash.
542. Om Tharave Nama - Who is of the form of a tree (Wish giving tree).
543. Om Ganaya Nam - Who is of the form of Ganas.
544. Om Loka Palaya Nama - Who is the protector of the world.
545. Om Alokaya Nama - Who is beyond the worlds.
546. Om Mahathmane Nama - Who is the great soul which is everywhere.
547. Om Sarva Poojithaya Nama - Who is being worshipped by everybody.
548. Om Shuklaya Nama - Who is white in colour.
549. Om Trishuklaya Nama - Who has a white (clear) mind, words and body.
550. Om Sampannaya Nama - Who is filled up everywhere.
551. Om Suchaye Nama - Who is very clean.
552. Om Bhootha Nishevithaya Nama - Who is being worshipped by teachers of yore.
553. Om Ashramasthaya Nama - Who is God of the four different Ashramas (Stages in life).
554. Om Kriya Vasthaya Nama - Who is in rituals like yaga.
555. Om Viswa Karma Mathaye Nama - Who understands all actions of the world.
556. Om Varaaya Nama - Who is liked by everybody (Who is chosen by everybody).
557. Om Vishala Shakaya Nama - Who has long hands/Who has wide branches.
558. Om Thamroshtaya Nama - Who has red lips.
559. Om Ambhujalaya Nama - Who is in sea in the form of water.
560. Om Sunischalaya Nama - Who has a form which is totally stable.
561. Om Kapilaya Nama - Who is reddish blue fire.
562. Om Kapichaya Nama - Who is golden in colour.
563. Om Shuklaya Nama - Who is white coloured and wears white ash.
564. Om Ayushe Nama - Who is the soul.
565. Om Parya Nama - Who is earlier than the earliest.
566. Om Aparaya Nama - Who is behind everyone.
567. Om Gandharwaya Nama - Who is of the form of celestial beings called Gandharwas.
568. Om Adithaye Nama - Who is the God mother called Adithi.
569. Om Tharkshyaya Nama - Who is of the form of Garuda among birds.
570. Om Suvigneyaya Nama - Who can be easily attained.
571. Om Susaradaya Nama - Who has sweet speech.
572. Om Parasvayudhaya Nama - Who holds Axe as a weapon.
573. Om Devya Nama - Who has wish to win.
574. Om Anukarine Nama - Who obeys the wishes of devotees.
575. Om Subandhavaya Nama - Who is a good relation.
576. Om Thumbhaveenaya Nama - Who has a lyre (veena) made out of two bottle gourds - This is called the Rudra Veena.
577. Om Maha Krodhaya Nama - Who is very angry at the time of destruction.
578. Om Urdhwarethase Nama - Who has the greatest gods like Brhama and Vishnu as subjects.
579. Om Jalesayaya Nama - Who sleeps on water in the form of Vishnu.
580. Om Ugraya Nama - Who swallows everything at the time of deluge.
581. Om Vasankaraya Nama - Who makes everything as his.
582. Om Vamsaya Nama - Who is the flute.
583. Om Vamsa Nadhaya Nama - Who is the sweet music of the flute.
584. Om Anindhidhaya Nama - Who is blameless.
585. Om Sarvanga Roopaya Nama - Who is pretty I all his body parts.
586. Om Mayavine Nama - Who creates the world by illusion.
587. Om Suhrudhaya Nama - Who has a good heart.
588. Om Anilaya Nama - Who is of the form of wind.
589. Om Analaya Nama - Who is of the form of fire.
590. Om Bandhanaya Nama - Who is the chord binding life.
591. Om Bandhakarthre Nama - Who ties us to the day to day life.
592. Om Subandhana Vimochanaya Nama - Who releases us from the ties of life.
593. Om Sayagnaraye Nama - Who is with Asuras who are enemies of Yagna.
594. Om Sakamaraye Nama - Who is with Yogis who have conquered passion.
595. Om Maha Damshtraya Nama - Who has ling incisor teeth.
596. Om Mahayudhaya Nama - Who has great weapons.
597. Om Bahudha Nindithaya Nama - Who has been insulted in several ways.
598. Om Sarvaya Nama - Who troubles people who insult him.
599. Om Sankaraya Nama - Who grants pleasure.
600. Om Sankaraya Nama - Who destroys doubts.
601. Om Adanaya Nama - Who does not have wealth.
602. Om Amaresaya Nama - Who is the God of devas.
603. Om Maha Devaya Nama - Who is the greatest god.
604. Om Viswa Devaya Nama - Who is the God of the universe.
605. Om Surarigne Nama - Who kills enemies f devas.
606. Om Ahirbudhnyaya Nama - Who is of the form of Adhi Sesha.
607. Om Anilabhaya Nama - Who is like wind (Who cannot be seen, but understood).
608. Om Chekithanaya Nama - Who knows everything fully well.
609. Om Havishe Nama - Who is the Cooked rice offered to God.
610. Om Ajaikapadhe Nama - Who is the one among the eleven Rudras.
611. Om Kapaline Nama - Who is the lord of Universe (called Kapala).
612. Om Trisankave Nama - Who is the axis for the three qualities of Sathva, Rajas and Thamas.
613. Om Ajithaya Nam - Who cannot be won by the three qualities.
614. Om Shivaya Nama - Who is the purest under any condition.
615. Om Danvantharye Nama - Who is the doctor for all diseases.
616. Om Dhooma Kethave Nama - Who is in the form of comet.
617. Om Skandaya Nama - Who is of the form of Lord Subrahmanya.
618. Om Vaisravanaya Nama - Who is in the form of Khubera.
619. Om Dhathre Nama - Who is in the form of Lord Brahma.
620. Om Chakraya Nama - Who is in the form of Devendra.
621. Om Vishnave Nama - Who is in the form of Lord Vishnu.
622. Om Mithraya Nama - Who is in the form of Sun God (Who measures everything).
623. Om Thwashtre Nama - Who is in the of Viswakarma, the architect.
624. Om Druvaya Nama - Who is in the form of Druva star.
625. Om Dharaya Nama - Who is in the form of Vasu called Dara.
626. Om Prabhavaya Nama - Who is in the form of Vasu called Prabhava.
627. Om Sarva Kaya Vayave Nama - Who is in the form of air within all beings/Who is in the form of wind which is everywhere.
628. Om Aryamne Nama - Who is in the form Aaryama who is a God of manes.
629. Om Savithre Nama - Who creates everything.
630. Om Ravaye Nama - Who is in the form of Sun God.
631. Om Ushangave Nama - Who possesses scorching rays.
632. Om Vidhathre Nama - Who is the one who orders.
633. Om Mandhatre Nama - Who looks after the soul called "me".
634. Om Bhootha Bhavanaya Nama - Who looks after all that is created.
635. Om Vibhave Nama - Who is the lord of the three worlds.
636. Om Varna Vibhavine Nama - Who divided colours in to four/ who has many coloured splendour.
637. Om Sarva Kama Gunaa Ahaaya Nama - Who creates qualities liked by all.
638. Om Padma Nabhaya Nama - Who keeps lotus in his belly button / who is of the form of Vishnu.
639. Om Maha Garbhaya Nama - Who carries all in his belly at the time of deluge.
640. Om Chandra Vakthraya Nama - Who has a face resembling the moon.
641. Om Anilaya Nama - Who does not have any body who can command him.
642. Om Analaya Nama - Who has limitless power.
643. Om Bala Vathe Nama - Who has very great strength.
644. Om Upa Santhaya Nama - Who controls his power and does not show it.
645. Om Puranaya Nama - Who is very ancient.
646. Om Punyasanchave Nama - Who can be known only through good acts.
647. Om Ye Nama - Who is of the form of Goddess Lakshmi (EE the Lakshmi root).
648. Om Kuru Karthre Nama - Who created Kuru Kshethra.
649. Om Kuru Vasine Nama - Who lives in Kuru Kshethra.
650. Om Kuru Bhoothaya Nama - Who is the Karma sthana and Upasana sthana at Kuru Kshethra (place of duty and meditation).
651. Om Gunoushadhaya Nama - Who encourages good conduct and helps it grow.
652. Om Sarvasayaya Nama - Who is the place where everything resides.
653. Om Darbhacharine Nama - Who receives Havirbhagas (offering at time of sacrifice) kept on Dharbha grass.
654. Om Sarveshaam Praninaam Pathaye Nama - Who is the lord of all living things.
655. Om Devadevaya Nama - Who is the God of all gods.
656. Om Sukhaskthaya Nama - Who is not interested in pleasures.
657. Om Sathe Nama - Who is the God of all beings.
658. Om Asathe Nama - Who is the God who is the truth.
659. Om Srava Rathna Vidhe Nama - Who has all precious stones with him.
660. Om Kailsa Giri Vasine Nama - Who lives on Kailasa Mountain.
661. Om Himavad Giri Amsrayaya Nama - Who possesses the Himalaya Mountains.
662. Om Koola Haarine Nama - Who breaks the shore in the form of water tide.
663. Om Koola Karthre Nama - Who has made the shores of tanks.
664. Om Bahu Vidhyaya Nama - Who knows several aspects of knowledge.
665. Om Bahu Pradhaya Nama - Who gives in plenty.
666. Om Vanijaya Nama - Who took the form of a merchant.
667. Om Varthakine Nama - Who is in the form of a carpenter.
668. Om Vrukshayta Nama - Who is in the form of a tree.
669. Om Vakulaa Nama - Who is in the form of tree yielding Vakula flowers.
670. Om Chandaaya Nama - Who is in the form of Sandalwood tree.
671. Om Chchadhaya Nama - Who is in the form of Pala tree.
672. Om Sara Greevaya Nama - Who has a very firm neck.
673. Om Maha Jathrave Nama - Who has firm neck bones.
674. Om Aloalaya Nama - Who does not have any desires.
675. Om Mahoushadhaya Nama - Who is the greatest medicine in the form of food.
676. Om Sidhartha Karine Nama - Who does good to Sidhas (great saints).
677. Om Sidhartha Chando Vyakanotharaya Nama - Who is the occult power which answers grammar, meter etc.
678. Om Simha Nadaya Nama - Who has a royal voice like that of a lion.
679. Om Simha Damshtraya Nama - Who has teeth like lion.
680. Om Simhakaya Nama - Who has gait like a lion.
681. Om Simha Vahanya Nama - Who rides on a lion, which is the vehicle of his consort.
682. Om Prabhavathmane Nama - Who has the fame that he is the truth of all truths.
683. Om Jagatkalasthaalaya Nama - Who has the god of death as his food plate.
684. Om Loka Hithaya Nama - Who does good to the world.
685. Om Tharave Nama - Who makes us cross the ocean of life.
686. Om Sarangaya Nama - Who has perfect organs.
687. Om Nava Chakrangaya Nama - Who has the Sri Chakra with nine parts as his body.
688. Om Kethumaline Nama - Who shines in his flag/Who is of the form of birds with crown.
689. Om Sabhavanaya Nama - Who protects societies.
690. Om Bhothalayaya Nama - Who has the temple in Pancha bhoothas.
691. Om Bhoothapathaye Nama - Who is the God of all beings.
692. Om Ahorathraya Nama - Who is there through out night and day.
693. Om Anindhithaya Nama - Who is without any stain.
694. Om Sarva Bhoothaanam Vaahithre Nama - Who makes all animals exist/work.
695. Om Nilayaa Nama - Who is the resting place of al beings.
696. Om Vibhave Nama - Who does not have birth.
697. Om Bhavaya Nama - Who is the reason for creation of all beings.
698. Om Amoghaya Nama - Who does not waste his connection/thought or Who is in plenty.
699. Om Samyathaya Nama - Who is bound by his devotees.
700. Om Aswaya Nama - Who us in the form of a horse.
701. Om Bhojanaya Nama - Who provides food for everybody.
702. Om Pranadharanaya Nama - Who saves lives.
703. Om Druthimathe Nama - Who is of the form of stable minded.
704. Om Mathimathe Nama - Who is of the form of intelligent.
705. Om Dakshaya Nama - Who is very capable.
706. Om Sathkruthya Nama - Who is worshipped by every one.
707. Om Yugadhipaya Nama - Who is the King of conflicting emotions like hot, cold etc. / Who is the chief in a Yuga.
708. Om Gopalaye Nama - Who protects sense organs.
709. Om Gopathaye Nama - Who rules the earth.
710. Om Gramaya Nama - Who is the human society.
711. Om Gocharma Vasanaya Nama - Who wears the hide of cows.
712. Om Haraye Nama - Who puts an end to sorrow.
713. Om Hiranya Bahave Nama - Who has golden arms.
714. Om Pravesinaam Guhapalaya Nama - Who protects those who meditate on him.
715. Om Prakrushtaraye Nama - Who completely wipes out enemies (like passion, anger etc).
716. Om Maha Harshaya Nama - Who is greatly happy.
717. Om Jitha Kamaaya Nama - Who has won the god of love.
718. Om Jithendriyaya Nama - Who has won over his sense organs.
719. Om Gandharaya Nama - Who wears the earth (Who is raga called Gandara).
720. Om Suvasaya Nama - Who has a great place to reside.
721. Om Thapassakthaya Nama - Who is greatly drowned in penance.
722. Om Rathaye Nama - Who is personification of pleasure.
723. Om Naraya Nama - Who makes everything work.
724. Om Maha Geethaya Nama - Who likes very good music.
725. Om Maha Nruthyaya Nama - Who likes god dancing.
726. Om Apsara Gana Sevithaya Nama - Who is served by the community of celestial dancers.
727. Om Maha Kethave Nama - Who has the flag in which bull is there.
728. Om Maha Dhathave Nama - Who has Meru Mountain which has lot of minerals.
729. Om Naika Sanu Charaya Nama - Who travels in several Mountain peaks.
730. Om Chalaya Nama - Who cannot be caught.
731. Om Avedaniyaya Nama - Who can be known through a teacher.
732. Om Adesaya Nama - Who is in the form of instructions.
733. Om Sarva Gandha Sukha Vahaya Nama - Who makes the pleasure of all good scents.
734. Om Thoranaya Nama - Who is the gate to salvation.
735. Om Tharanaa Nama - Who makes us cross the ocean of life.
736. Om Vathaa Nama - Who is in the form of gases.
737. Om Paridhine Nama - Who protests us like a fort.
738. Om Pathikecharaya Nama - Who is in the form of King of birds-Garuda.
739. Om Samyogaya Vardhanaya Nama - Who is the process of reproduction.
740. Om Vrudhaya Nama - Who is an old man (elder).
741. Om Athivrudhaya Nama - Who is older than the oldest.
742. Om Gunadikaya Nama - Who is great because of his good conduct.
743. Om Nithya Mathma Sahayaya Nama - Who is forever helping mortal souls.
744. Om Devasura Pathaye Nama - Who is the lord of Asuras and Devas.
745. Om Pathye Nama - Who is the leader.
746. Om Yukthaya Nama - Who is merged with every being.
747. Om Yuktha Bahave Nama - Who has hands which does proper work.
748. Om Divi Suparvana Devaya Nama - Who is God to even Indra who is in heaven.
749. Om Ashadaya Nama - Who can tolerate everything.
750. Om Sushadaya Nama - Who can easily forgive.
751. Om Druvaya Nama - Who is stable.
752. Om Harinaya Nama - Who is white.
753. Om Haraaya Nama - Who destroys sorrow.
754. Om Aavarthamanebhyo Vapushe Nama - Who gives bodies for those who take birth several times.
755. Om Vasu Sreshtaya Nama - Who is better than all things (Who is the chief of Vasus).
756. Om Mahapadhaya Nama - Who is the best path.
757. Om Siroharine Vimarsaya Nama - Who is the critic who cut off Brahma’s head.
758. Om Sarva Lakshana Lakshithaya Nama - Who is the treasure house of all good qualities.
759. Om Akshaya Radha Yogine Nama - Who is like the axis of a chariot.
760. Om Sarva Yogine Nama - Who is merged with every thing.
761. Om Maha Balaya Nama - Who has immense strength.
762. Om Samanmayaya Nama - Who is of the form of Vedas.
763. Om Asamamnaya Nama - Who is beyond the Vedas.
764. Om Theertha Devaya Nama - Who is the holy god (Who is the God of sacred waters).
765. Om Maharadhya Nama - Who has a very big chariot.
766. Om Nirjeevaaya Nama - Who is even in lifeless objects.
767. Om Jeevanaya Nama - Who is the soul (Who is our occupation).
768. Om Manthraya Nama - Who is the sacred chants.
769. Om Shubakshaya Nama - Who has the vision that leads to salvation.
770. Om Bahu Karkasaya Nama - Who is very strict in real life.
771. Om Rathna Prabhoothaya Nama - Who has very large quantity of gems.
772. Om Rathangaya Nama ( Or Om Rakthangaya Nama) - Who has organs shining like gems (Who is reddish in colour).
773. Om Maharnava Nipanavidhe Nama - Who drinks the oceans at time of deluge.
774. Om Moolaya Nama - Who is like root of the world.
775. Om Vishalaya Nama - Who is road and spread everywhere.
776. Om Amruthaya Nama - Who is like nectar.
777. Om Vyakthavyakthaya Nama - Who is clear to devotees and invisible to others.
778. Om Thaponidhaye Nama - Who is a very great sage.
779. Om Aarohanaya Nama - Who makes devotees climb.
780. Om Athirohaya Nama - Who is in the top level.
781. Om Sheeladarine Nama - Who protects good conduct (Who has good conduct).
782. Om Maha Yasase Nama - Who has very great fame.
783. Om Sena Kalpaya Nama - Who creates armies by just thought.
784. Om Maha Kalpaya Nama - Who has the great ornaments.
785. Om Yogaya Nama - Who is of the form of Yoga.
786. Om Yuga Karaya Nama - Who is the one who creates Yugas.
787. Om Haraye Nama - Who is of the form of Lord Vishnu.
788. Om Yuga Roopaya Nama - Who is the form of Yugas.
789. Om Maha Roopaya Nama - Who is beyond limits and have a big shape.
790. Om Maha Naaga Hanaya Nama - Who killed Gajasura who had immense form.
791. Om Avadhaa Nama - Who is of the form of death.
792. Om Nyaya Nirva Panaaya Nama - Who gave the Nyaa sasthra to the world.
793. Om Paadaya Nama - Who is the final destination.
794. Om Pandithaya Nama - Who is the very wise one.
795. Om Achalopamaya Nama - Who is very stable like a Mountain.
796. Om Bahu Maalaya Nama - Who has variety of playful acts.
797. Om Mahaamaalaya Nama - Who wears very many garlands.
798. Om Sasine Hara Sulochanaya Nama - Who has eyes much prettier than the moon.
799. Om Visthara Lavana Koopaya Nama - Who is like the very broad saltish well.
800. Om Triyugaya Nama - Who is in the for of three Yugas.
801. Om Saphalodayaya Nama - Who comes out for the good.
802. Om Trilochanaya Nama - Who is having three eyes.
803. Om Vishannangaya Nama - Who has organs which are the eight moorthies like earth.
804. Om Mani Viddhhaya Nama - Who wears ear studs.
805. Om Jada Dharaya Nama - Who has matted locks.
806. Om Bindhave Nama - Who is of the form of dot.
807. Om Visarggaya Nama - Who is like a Visarga in the form of Ardha Nareeswara.
808. Om Sumukhaya Nama - Who is having a pleasant face.
809. Om Saraya Nama - Who is of the form of a bow.
810. Om Sarvayudhaya Nama - Who wears all weapons.
811. Om Sahaya Nama - Who has great patience.
812. Om Nivedanaya Nama - Who informs abut everything.
813. Om Sukha Jadaya Nama - Who is of the enjoyable (pleasant) form.
814. Om Sugandharaya Nama - Who is like a good horse of Gandhara (Afghanisthan).
815. Om Maha Danushe Nama - Who has very great bow.
816. Om Gandhapaline Bhagawathe Nama - Who saves the memories of previous births a time of deluge.
817. Om Sarva Karmana Mukthaya Nama - Who makes all jobs (duties) rise up again after the deluge.
818. Om Mandhanaya Bahulaya Vayave Nama - Who is the wind which churns life at the time of deluge.
819. Om Sakalaya Nama - Who is everywhere.
820. Om Sarva Lochanaaya Nama - Who sees everything (Who has eyes every where).
821. Om Thalasthalaya Nama - Who is of the form of clapping hand (Who is the basis of everything).
822. Om Karasthaline Nama - Who has his own hand as vessel.
823. Om Urdhwa Samhananaya Nama - Who is having very great strength (who has a very tall stature).
824. Om Mahathe Nama - Who is great.
825. Om Chchathraya Nama - Who reduces discomfort like an umbrella.
826. Om Succhathraa - Who has a very pretty Umbrella.
827. Om Vikhyathaya Lokaaya Nama - Who is being seen from everywhere (Who has a famous residence).
828. Om Sarvaasrayaya Kramaya Nama - Who has discipline in everything.
829. Om Mundaya Nama - Who has a shaved head.
830. Om Viroopaya Nama - Who has a very bad looks.
831. Om Vikruthaya Nama - Who has various forms.
832. Om Dandine Nama - Who has a stick in his hand (like a Brahmachari).
833. Om Kundine Nama - Who has a water jug (pancha pathra) in his hand.
834. Om Vikurvanaya Nama - Who cannot be attained by rituals.
835. Om Haryakshaya Nama - Who is of the form of lion.
836. Om Kakhubhaya Nama - Who is of the form of directions.
837. Om Vajrine Nama - Who is of the form of Devendra.
838. Om Satha Jihwaya Nama - Who has hundreds of tongues.
839. Om Sahasrapathe Nama - Who has millions of legs.
840. Om Sahasra Moorthne Nama - Who has thousands of heads.
841. Om Devendraya Sarva Deva Mayaya Nama - Who is of the form of Devendra and also all other devas.
842. Om Gurave Nama - Who is the teacher.
843. Om Sahasra Bahave Nama - Who has thousands of hands.
844. Om Saranyaya Nama - Who can take care of others.
845. Om Sarvangaya Nama - Who has everything.
846. Om Sarva Loka Kruthe Nama - Who creates all the worlds.
847. Om Pavithraya Nama - Who makes others holy.
848. Om Trikakudhe Mantraya Nama - Who is the mantra with three parts viz Bheejam (root), Shakthi (power) and Keelagam (the nail).
849. Om Kanishtaya Nama - Who is younger (perhaps refers to Vamana).
850. Om Krishna Pingalaya Nama - Who is blackish red in colour.
851. Om Brahma Danda Vinir Mathre Nama - Who punishes Lord Brahma.
852. Om Sathagni Pasa Shakthimathe Nama - Who has a weapon called Sathagni (capable of killing one hundred people), pasa, Shakthi etc.
853. Om Padma Garbhaya Nama - Who is of the form of Brahma who was born in a lotus.
854. Om Maha Garbhaya Nama - Who keeps everything within himself.
855. Om Brahma Garbhaya Nama - Who keeps Vedas (Brhama) within himself.
856. Om Jalodhbhavaya Nama - Who rose from the water of deluge.
857. Om Gabasthaye Nama - Who has rays of light.
858. Om Brhama Kruthe Nama - Who composed the Vedas.
859. Om Brahmine Nama - Who recites Vedas.
860. Om Brhama Vidhe Nama - Who is an expert in Vedas.
861. Om Brahmanaya Nama - Who in the form of Brahmin teaches Vedas.
862. Om Gathaye Nama - Who is the place of refuge.
863. Om Anantha Roopaya Nama - Who has several forms.
864. Om Naikathmane Nama - Who does not have body.
865. Om Swayabhuva Sthigmathejase Nama - Who has the power which could not be tolerated by Brahma.
866. Om Urdhwagathmane Nama - Who has a form beyond the universe.
867. Om Pasupathaye Nama - Who is the God of all beings.
868. Om Vatharamhaya Nama - Who has the speed of wind.
869. Om Manojavaya Nama - Who has the speed of mind.
870. Om Chandanine Nama - Who is being bathed in sandal paste.
871. Om Padmanalagraya Nama - Who was before Brahma was born in a lotus.
872. Om Surabhyutharanaya Nama - Who down =graded Kama Dhenu for telling false testimony.
873. Om Naraya Nama - Who does not take anything out of desire.
874. Om Karnikara Mahasthravigne Nama - Who wears garland made out of golden flowers.
875. Om Neelamoulaye Nama - Who wears a crown embedded with blue stone.
876. Om Pinaka Druthe Nama - Who carries the bow called Pinaka.
877. Om Umapathaye Nama - Who is the consort of Goddess Uma.
878. Om Uma Kanthaya Nama - Who has been married by Uma out of love.
879. Om Jahnavi Druthe Nama - Who wears river Ganga on his crown.
880. Om Umadhavaya Nama - Who is the husband of Goddess Uma.
881. Om Varaya Varahaya Nama - Who took the form of Varaha (Vishnu’s incarnation).
882. Om Varadaya Nama - Who shows mercy to the world in several forms.
883. Om Varenyaya Nama - Who can be asked for a boon.
884. Om Sumahaswanaya Nama - Who has a very musical voice.
885. Om Mahaprasadaya Nama - Who is greatly pleased.
886. Om Damanaya Nama - Who controls bad people.
887. Om Shatrugne Nama - Who kills his enemies.
888. Om Shwethapingalaya Nama - Who is white on one side and red on the other.
889. Om Peethathmane Nama - Who is of golden colour.
890. Om Paramatmane Nama - Who is the soul which is everywhere.
891. Om Prayathathmane Nama - Who has a purest mind.
892. Om Pradhna Druthe Nama - Who wears nature.
893. Om Sarva Parswa Mukhaya Nama - Who has faces on all sides.
894. Om Trayakshaya Nama - Who has three eyes.
895. Om Dharma Sadharno Varaya Nama - Who is the proper compensation for good deeds.
896. Om Chacharathmane Nama - Who is the soul of moving and non moving beings.
897. Om Siikshmathmane Nama - Who has a form which is beyond the intellect.
898. Om Amruthaya Govrusheswaraya Nama - Who is god of perennial dharma which is lord of earth.
899. Om Sadyarshaye Nama - Who gives knowledge to Sadhyas who are devas for devas.
900. Om Vasuradithyaya Nama - Who is a Vasu who is son of Adithi.
901. Om Vivaswathe Savithamruthaya Nama - Who is the moon who drenches the world by his nectar like rays.
902. Om Vyasaya Nama - Who is the form of Veda Vyasa.
903. Om Sargaya Susamkshepaya Vistharaya Nama - Who is the author of Suthras which are abbreviated knowledge and also Puranas which are knowledge in detail.
904. Om Paryayonaraya Nama - Who is the soul of Virat Pursha which is spread everywhere.
905. Om Ruthave Nama - Who is the season.
906. Om Samvathsaraya Nama - Who is the year.
907. Om Masaya Nama - Who is the month.
908. Om Pakshaya Nama - Who is the lunar fortnight.
909. Om Samkhya Samapanaya Nama - Who is the days of completion of seasons and lunar fortnights.
910. Om Kalabhyo Nama - Who is the shorter part of the day called Kala.
911. Om Kashtaabhyo Nama - Who is the Kashtaas which are small measurement of time.
912. Om Lavebhyo Nama - Who is Lavas, which are small sub division of time.
913. Om Maathraabhyo Nama - Who is Mathras, another measurement of small time.
914. Om Muhurthaha Kshapebhyo Nama - Who is the period of holy time in a day.
915. Om Kshanebhyo Nama - Who is seconds.
916. Om Viswa Kshethraya Nama - Who is the area from which universe grew.
917. Om Prajaa Bheejaya Nama - Who is the seeds of citizens.
918. Om Lingaya Nama - Who is the principle called "Mahat" (great).
919. Om Aadhyaya Nirgamaya Nama - Who is the first germinating seed of the world.
920. Om Sathe Nama - Who is the truth.
921. Om Asathe Nama - Who is the truth hiding behind apparitions.
922. Om Vyakthaya Nama - Who is clarity to those who know.
923. Om Avyakthaya Nama - Who cannot be described clearly.
924. Om Pithre Nama - Who is the father.
925. Om Mathre Nama - Who is the mother.
926. Om Pithamahaya Nama - Who is the father of father.
927. Om Swarga Dwaraya Nama - Who is the gateway to heaven.
928. Om Praja Dwaraya Nama - Who is the gateway to more people (passion?).
929. Om Moksha Dwaraya Nama - Who is the gateway to salvation.
930. Om Trivishtapaya Nama - Who is heaven.
931. Om Nirvanaya Nama - Who is detachment (salvation).
932. Om Hladhanaya Nama - Who is the one who creates happiness.
933. Om Brahmalokaya Nama - Who is the world of Brahma.
934. Om Parayai Gathyai Nama - Who is the best way to salvation.
935. Om Devasura Vinirmathre Nama - Who is the one who created asuras and devas.
936. Om Devasura Parayanaya Nama - Who is the support for Devas and Asuras.
937. Om Devasura Gurave Nama - Who is the teacher for Devas and Asuras.
938. Om Devaya Nama - Who is the propeller of life.
939. Om Devasura Namaskruthaya Nama - Who is being saluted by Devas and Asuras.
940. Om Devasura Maha Mathraya Nama - Who is the best among devas and Asuras.
941. Om Devasura Ganasrayaya Nama - Who is the one being depended on by Devas and Asuras.
942. Om Devasura Ganadhyakshaya Nama - Who is the chief of devas and Asuras.
943. Om Devasura Agraganyai Nama - Who is the first among devas and Asuras.
944. Om Devathidevaya Nama - Who is the God of devas.
945. Om Devarshaye Nama - Who is of the sage form of devas like Narada.
946. Om Devasura Vara Pradhaya Nama - Who is the giver of boons to Devas and Asuras.
947. Om Devasureswaraya Nama - Who is the ruler of Devas and Asuras.
948. Om Viswaya Nama - Who is the universe.
949. Om Devasura Maheswaraya Nama - Who is the ruler of rulers of Devas and Asuras.
950. Om Sarva Deva Mayaya Nama - Who is personification of all devas as one.
951. Om Achinthyaya Nama - Who cannot be reached by thought process.
952. Om Devadathmane Nama - Who is the soul of devas.
953. Om Athma Sambhavaya Nama - Who created himself.
954. Om Uthbhidade Nama - Who appears breaking ignorance.
955. Om Trivikramaya Nama - Who has spread in all the three worlds.
956. Om Vaidyaya Nama - Who is full of knowledge/Who is the doctor.
957. Om Virajaya Nama - Who is crystal clear.
958. Om Neerajaaya Nama - Who does not have royal (rajo) qualities/Who is born out of water.
959. Om Amaraya Nama - Who does not die.
960. Om Eedyaya Nama - Who is suitable to be praised.
961. Om Hastheswaraya Nama - Who resides in Kala hasthi / Who is the form of air.
962. Om Vyagraya Nama - Who is the god called Vyagreswara / Who is the tiger.
963. Om Deva Simhaya Nama - Who is lion among devas.
964. Om Nararshabhaya Nama - Who is the chief among men.
965. Om Vibhudhaa Nama - Who is having specialized knowledge.
966. Om Agravaraya Nama - Who is the first among those given Havirbhaga in sacrifices.
967. Om Sookshmaya Nama - Who has minutest knowledge.
968. Om Sarva Devaya Nama - Who is all Gods rolled in to one.
969. Om Thapo Mayaya Nama - Who is the personification of penance.
970. Om Suyukthaya Nama - Who is very careful.
971. Om Shobhanaya Nama - Who is the good augury.
972. Om Vajrine Nama - Who is as hard as diamond.
973. Om Prasanaam Prabhavaya Nama - Who is affected by ornamental language.
974. Om Avyaya Nama - Who can be attained by single minded devotion.
975. Om Guhaya Nama - Who is in hiding.
976. Om Kanthaya Nama - Who is the upper limit of happiness.
977. Om Nijaya Sargaya Nama - Who is in truth evolved himself.
978. Om Pavithraya Nama - Who is holy/Who saves us from thunder.
979. Om Sarva Bhavanaya Nama - Who makes everything holy.
980. Om Srungine Nama - Who is high above (Who is the horned animals).
981. Om Srunga Priyaya Nama - Who loves peaks of Mountains.
982. Om Babruve Nama - Who is the one who carries the world.
983. Om Rajarajaya Nama - Who is the King of Kings.
984. Om Niraayaa Nama - Who is without any blemishes.
985. Om Abhiramaya Nama - Who is pleasing to the mind.
986. Om Sura Ganaya Nama - Who is the form of the society of devas.
987. Om Viramayata Nama - Who is not connected with subjects (controversies).
988. Om Sarva Sadhanaya Nama - Who joins all benefits.
989. Om Lalatakshaya Nama - Who has an eye on his forehead.
990. Om Viswa Devaya Nama - Who plas with the universe.
991. Om Harinaya Nama - Who is of golden colour / who is like a deer.
992. Om Brahma Varchasaya Nama - Who is the splendorous light of Brahma.
993. Om Sthavaraanaam Pathaye Nama - Who is the King of Mountains.
994. Om Niyamendra Vardhanaya Nama - Who controls all his senses through penance.
995. Om Sidharthaya Nama - Who keeps salvation as some ordinary thing.
996. Om Siddha Bhootharthata Nama - Who is the benefit got by people who do penance.
997. Om Achinthyaya Nama - Who cannot be reached by meditation.
998. Om Sathya Vrathaya Nama - Who has made truth his unfailing credo.
999. Om Suchaye Nama - Who is interested in cleanliness in nature.
1000. Om Vrathadhipaya Nama - Who protects fasting practices.
1001. Om Parasmai Nama - Who is Thureeya which is beyond sleep.
1002. Om Brahmane Nama - Who is the ultimate truth.
1003. Om Bhakthanaam Paramayai Gathaye Nama - Who is the ultimate destination of devotees.
1004. Om Vimukthaya Nama - Who is completely free of bonds.
1005. Om Muktha Thejase Nama - Who is the light which is detached / Who does not have a body.
1006. Om Sree Mathe Nama - Who is richly intelligent.
1007. Om Srivardhanaya Nama - Who gives wealth to hs devotees.
1008. Om Jagathe Nama - Who is the universe itself.
OM Srivardhano Jagat, Om Nama ithi.
Om the god of the universe who gives wealth.
Yadha pradhanam Bhagawan ithi bhakthya sthutho maya,
Yanna Brahmadayo deva vidhusthathwena narshaya 1
I have praised with utmost devotion,
That God who is not known,
Even to Gods like Brahma and sages.
Sthothavya marchyam vandhyam cha ka sthoshyanthi jagath pathim,
Bhakthim thwevam puraskruthya maya yagna pathir vibhu,
Thatho apya augnaam samprapya sthutho mathi matham vara. 2
Who is capable of Worshipping Him,
Who is fit to be praised, worshipped and saluted?
I who has been blessed by him due to my devotion,
Can worship him who is the lord of Yagnas,
And the foremost among those who are intelligent.
Shivamebhi sthuvan devam naamabhi pushti vardhanai,
Nithya yuktha suchir bhaktha prapnothyathmanamathmana. 3
He who worships the lord with devotion,
Using these names of Shiva the Lord,
With concentrated mind and devotion,
Would automatically attain salvation.
Rushayasch sthuvanthyethena thath param,
Sthooyamano Maha deva, sthusyathe niyamathmabhi. 4
The sages and Devas worship Him using these names,
And the great Lord would become happy,
If praised by these names with discipline.
Bhakthanukampi Bhagawan aathmasamsthakaro vibhu,
Thadaiva cha manushyeshu yea manushya pradanatha. 5
Aasthikya sradha daanascha bahubhir janmabhi sthavai,
Bhakthya hyananya meesaanaam param devam sanathanam. 6
Karmana manasa vaacha bhavena mitha thejasa,
Sayanaa jagramanascha vrajannu visamsthadha. 7
Unmishna nimishan chaiva chinthayantha puna puna,
Sruvantha sravayanthascha kadayanthascha they bhavam. 8
Sthuvantha sthyumanascha thushyanthi cha ramanthi cha,
Janma koti sahasreshu nana samsara yonishu, 9
Janthor vigatha paapasya bhave bhakthi prajayathe,
Uthpanna cha bhave bhakthi rananya sarva havatha. 10
Bhavina karena chasya sarva yukthascha sarvadha,
Eetha dhyeveshu dushpraapam manushyeshu labhyathe. 11
The god who is merciful on his devotees would establish them,
And because of this, those best of men, those who believe in him,
Those who concentrate on Him and nobody else,
And those who worship him in several births,
Who worship that God whose fame cannot be measured,
And who is the greatest God known,
By prayers, duties, mind and words,
While in dream and while they are awake,
While they go out and while they enter in,
While they open their eyes and while they close it,
Think of him, hear of him and make others hear of Him,
And praise him and be praised because of that,
Would attain happiness and satisfaction in life.
Those of whom who were born thousands of times,
In different differing wombs and burn their sins in life,
Would develop this type of devotion to Him,
Which consists of depending only on him,
Is not found among devas but only in some rare men.
Nirvigna Nischala Rudre bhakthi ravyabhicharini,
Thasyaivacha prasadena bhakthi ruth padyathe nrunaam,
Yena yanthi paraam sidhim thath bhagawatha chethasa. 12
This devotion to Rudra which is unstoppable,
Which is without any doubts comes in them,
Only by the grace of Rudra and because of that,
They who are prince among devotees attain him without doubt.
Yea sarva bhavanugatha prapadhyanthe maheswaram,
Prapanna vathsalo deva samasarathan samudhareth. 13
Those who by all means follow and worship that Maheswara,
Would be saved from the whirlpool of birth by him.
Evamanye vikurvanthi deva samsara mochanam,
Manushyanamruthe devam nana shakthisthapobalam. 14
By this same path the devas also get rid of repeated births,
And for men there is no need of strength and penance,
Except this worship of the greatest of Gods.
Ithi thenedra kalpena bhagan sadasath pathi,
Kruthivasa sthutha Krishna Thandina Shubha budhina. 15
Oh Lord Krishna, the sage Dandi,
Who was as great as Indra,
And who was of great intelligence,
Praised by these words that God,
Who covers himself with elephant hide,
And who is the Lord of cause and effect.
Sthvametham Bhgwatho Brahma swaya maadharyath,
Geeyathe cha sa bhidhyetha Brahma Sankara sannidhou. 16
Lord Brahma who heard this memorized this prayer,
And when in front of Lord Shankara,
The great Lord Brhama sings these with feeling.
Idham punyam pavithram cha sarvadha papa nasanam,
Yogadham Mokshadham chaiva Swaghadam Thoshadham Thadha. 17
This prayer always gives rise to holy acts,
Makes one clean, drives away sins,
Grants yoga and thus salvation,
And also takes one to heaven.
Evamethad patanthe ya ekabhakthya thu sankaram,
Yaa gathio sankhya yogaanaam brajanyethaa gathim thada. 18
He who recites with devotion and concentration,
Would eventually attain that status,
Which is attained by adepts of Sankhya yoga.
Sthavamedham prayathnena sada Rudrasya sannidhou,
Abdhamekam chared bhaktha Prapunuyath deepsidham Bhalam. 19
He who with great effort recites this always,
For a year in front of Lord Rudra,
Would attain whatever he wants.
Ethad rahasyam paramam Brahmano hrudhi samsthidham,
Brahma provacha sakraya sacra provachamruthyuve. 20
This very secret prayer, which is,
Always kept in the heart of Brahma,
Was taught by him to Indra and Indra taught this to Yama.
Mruthyu provacha Rudrebhyo, Rudrebhya thandimagamath,
Mahatha Thapsa prapthastha Thandina Brahma sadmani. 21
Yama told them to the Rudras,
And sage Thandi got it from them,
In the court of Brahma as a result of severe penance.
Thandi provacha Shukraya, Gowthamaya cha Bhargava,
Vaivaswathya manave Gowthama praha Maadhava. 22
Oh Madhava, Sage Thandi taught it to Shukra,
Shukra taught it to sage Gowthama,
And Gowthama taught it to Vaiwaswatha Manu.
Narayanaya sadhyaya samadishtauya dheemathe,
Yamaya praha Bhagwan saadhyo Narayono achyutha. 23
He taught it to Sage Sathya Narayana,
Who was in Samadhi and greatly intelligent.
This sage Sathyanarayana taught it to Yama
(This Yama is not God of death.)
Nachikethaya Bhagawan aha Vaiwaswatho yama,
Markandeyaya Vaarshneya Nachi ketho aabhya bhashatha. 24
Oh Lord Krishna of the clan of Vrushni,
This Yama who was the son of Viwaswan,
Taught it to Sage Nachikethas,
Who taught it to Markandeya.
Markandeyan maya praptho niyamena Janardhana,
Thavapyaha mamaithragna sthavam dadhyam hyavishrutham. 25
Hey Lord Janadhana, I got it from Markandeya,
And Hey killer of your enemies,
I am giving this secret prayer to you.
(Sage Upamanyu was teaching this to Lord Krishna)
Swargya marogya mayushyam dhanyam Vedena sammitham,
Naasya Vignam vikurvanthi dhanava yaksha rakshasa,
Pisacha yathu dhana vaa guhyaka bhujaga api. 26
This prayer which is equivalent to Vedas,
Grants heaven, health, long life and wealth,
And those who recite it cannot be troubled,
By asuras, yakshas, rakshasas, ghosts,
Yadu dhanas, Guhyakas and Nagas.
Ya padeth suchi, Partha brahmachari jithendriya,
Abhagna yogo varsha thu sosramaswa medha phalam labeth. 27
Hey Yudishtra, to the one who recites this,
Clean with continence and with control over senses,
For a year without break,
Would get the effect of performing the horse sacrifice.
Mama ashta gunamaiswaryam datham Bhagwatha pura,
Yathenaanyena bhalina Varanasyamm Yudishtra, 28
Varanasyam Yudishtra Om na ithi
Hey Yudishtra, In olden times God gave me,
Wealth and eight good qualities in Varanasi,
As a result of my worship to him with sincerity and effort.
Om "In Varanasi, Yudishtra,"
(The eight good qualities are mercy, patience, and absence of jealousy, cleanliness, absence of tiredness, optimism, liberal nature and detachment)
Chathu shashtyanga madadad kala gnanam mamadbutham,
Sarswasthya thate thushto mano yagnena Pandava. 29
Mano Yagnena Pandava om nama ithi (shows that text has not ended)
Sage Garga told:-
Hey son of Pandu, pleased by my mental prayer,
That God gave me mastery in the sixty four arts.
Son of Pandu, my mental prayer Om Nama ithi
Thatha Krishnobravid vakyam punar mathi mathaam vara,
Yudishtram dharma nidhim puruhoothameeswara.
Upamanyur mayi praha thapanniva diwakara. 30
The most intelligent Krishna
Who is the ruler of every one,
Told as follows Yudishtra,
Who is the storehouse of just actions,
And one equivalent to Indra that,
"Upamanyu shining as Sun God,
Taught all these things to me."
Asubhai papa karmano yea nara kalushi krutha,
Ishanam na prapadyanthe thamoraja savruthaya,
Easwaram samprapadyanthe dwija bhavitha bhjavana. 31
Those base humans who do sinful actions,
And have been made baser by ill advised actions,
Who have more of thamo and rajo guna,
Do not engage themselves in worship of God,
But those twice born who have good actions,
And thoughts worship him.
Evameva Mahadeva bhaktha manava yea bhuvi,
Na they samsara vasaga Ithi may nischitha mathi. 32
Ithi may nischitha mathi om nama ithi.
I am firmly of the opinion that,
Those devotees of the great God,
Will never again suffer this birth and death.
I am of the firm opinion Om Nama Ithi.
Ithi Sri Maha Bharathe satha sahasrikayam samhithayam,
Vaiasikthyam Anusasana parvani,
Thus ends the eighteent chapter of the Anusasanika Parva
Of the great Maha Baratha which has ten million stanzas.
Duswapna Dushakuna Durgathi daurmanasya,
Durbiksha durvyasana dusaha duryasamsi,
Uthpatha thapa Visha beethi masad grahathim,
Vyadhimscha nasayathu they Jagatham adheesa.
Ithi Shiva sahasra namam sampoornam.
Bad dreams, bad omens, bad results, bad mind,
Famine, sad happenings, bad name which cannot be tolerated,
Pain out of dangers, fear towards poison, Bad happenings due to planets,
And diseases may please never enter my life, Oh God of the universe.
Thus ends the thousand names of Shiva.