[Prayer in Tamil]
By Paavai Sakthi Sangham
Translated by P. R. Ramachander
[This simple prayer is taken from the Kumudam Bhakthi Magazine May 1-15 issue. My acknowledgements.]
1. Anbargal idarai agathida vendi, Ayothiyil vanthathu Rama Jayam.
Asurarai ozhithu aram thazhaithu onga amaithi alithathu Rama Jayam
To remove the problems of Devotees Rama Jayam came in Ayodhya.
After killing asuras, Rama Jayam made Dharma grow luxuriantly and gave peace.
2. Aathavan marabil azhagiya urukkondu avatharithathu Rama Jayam
AAranam kamazhum Vedamamunivan arulai pethathu Rama Jayam
Rama Jayam took birth in the clan of the Sun God, with a pretty form.
Rama Jayam got the grace of a Vedic sage expert in Vedas.
3. Irul vadivaana aasayai vendru marul ozhithathu Rama Jayam,
Irudiyin makathai ilakkuvanodu imai pol kathathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam defeated desire which has the form of darkness and removed ignorance,
Along with Lakshmana Rama Jayam protected the Yaga of the sage like the eyelid protects the eye.
4. Eesanai otha gowthaman illal idarai ozhithathu Rama Jayam,
Eesanodu indiran imayavar yevarum yetha nindrathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam removed the suffering of the wife of Gowthama, who was similar to God,
Rama Jayam stood hearing the praises of Lord Shiva, Indra as well as all devas.
5. Unmayin vadivaam Bheejaksharathai, orvaai yendarthu Rama Jayam,
Uruthiyai koduthu marathiyai keduthu ulagai kappathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam told people to remember the letter "Om", which is the form of god,
Rama Jayam gives us determination and destroys forgetfulness.
6. Oonamil udalum uyariya porulum, udane tharuvathu Rama Jayam
Oomai pondra uyirgalukkum, uyarvai athikarippathu Rama Jayam
Rama Jayam immediately gives a body with sickness and a great meaning,
Rama Jayam increases the greatness of the souls who are like dumb ones.
7. Yendrum namakku inbam alithu yengum iruppathu Rama Jayam,
Yemakku sathu, pirarkithu theethu yenbathu athathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam gives us happiness always and is spread everywhere,
Rama Jayam is something which does not believe that this is good for me and bad for others.
8. Yethumathu yengi nirpporkku yetham tharuvathu Rama Jayam,
Yena urukkonda muniyai yenthi irukkayil vaithathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam lifts up people who are sad that they do not have anything,
Rama Jayam is one which took the sage who was a sinner and kept on a high pedestal.
9. Iymbhoothangalai adimayai konda anuman uraippathu Rama Jayam,
Iymukathavanum pangayathavanum amararum uraippathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam is that which is said by Hanuman who made the five elements as slaves.
Rama Jayam is that which is told by Lord Shiva, Lord Brahma and all devas.
10. Oru vazhi nillaa alayuru manathai oru vazhi paduthum Rama Jayam,
Oruvanum thaan yenave nilai yendru unmai unarthum Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam makes stable our mind which never stops moving,
Rama Jayam makes one understand that every person is itself only.
11. Omkara porul unmayin vadivaam orvaai yendrathu Rama Jayam,
Oviyam thanilum kaviyam thanilum ookamalippathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam tells that the meaning of OM is the truth,
Rama Jayam gives encouragement in a painting and in an epic.
12. Avvai pondra aanmaakkalukku, abayathai uraippathu Rama Jayam,
Oudatham pondru padipor thamakku anaithum alippathu Rama Jayam.
Rama Jayam is that which offers protection to souls like Avvayar,
Rama Jayam like medicine gives everything to those who read it.
13. Rama Jayam, Sri Rama Jayam, Sri Rama Jayam, Sri Rama Jayam,
Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram.